“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Pitcrocknie Restaurant & Coffee House
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Alyth
Price range: US$4 - US$33
Description: We are located on the B954 approximately 1 mile North of the roundabout on the outskirts of Alyth. We offer a wide variety on our lunch menu - there are always daily specials too. We bake all kinds of cakes and scones and serve them with our homemade jams. All our ingredients are locally sourced which brings the heart of the community into the restaurant. Why not while away a few hours in a comfortable relaxed and friendly atmosphere? Our baristas will serve you some delicious freshly ground coffee and there is a wide selection of speciality teas also available. We provide end of the week evening meals and have a wide variety of locally sourced quality fare so if it’s some fish on Friday or a juicy steak on Saturday we serve an attractive traditional menu full of fresh Perthshire produce. Alternatively, give yourself a Sunday Treat with one of our most popular High Teas or a selection from the Carvery, you can be assured of a warm welcome & delicious fare in a beautiful location
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Three friends and I made our way to this restaurant for lunch after seeing it advertised when driving through Alyth. What a lucky find! A spacious dining room with fabulous views over the golf course? The staff were friendly and informative and the food delicious. We enjoyed it so much we booked for an evening meal the next day. This meal did not disappoint either. I am a vegetarian and felt well catered for, which is not always my experience. The cheese soufflé at lunch and Thai Lentil soup starter at dinner were especially amazing!

4  Thank georgemcgregor138

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Sadly only found this restaurant at the end if our stay in Scotland. Brilliant food, great setting and extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff. It was a joy to eat at this restaurant, tried it for both lunch and dinner. This restaurant deserves to prosper.

4  Thank GBBoxer
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Warm atmosphere, friendly owner and staff, stunning views and delicious food. It will be my special place for years to come.
The added gift shop holds many delights for some early Christmas shopping.

3  Thank MaggieB1638
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately the only good thing about this place was the view. Not much to say for food or the service, will definitely not be visiting again on my next trip to alyth.

6  Thank Rayanne C
Pitcrocknie, Owner at Pitcrocknie Restaurant & Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Hello Rayanne,

Firstly apologies for the late reply to your review, I am sorry that your experience in my restaurant was not as you had hoped. I am in the building every day and had you come and spoken to me i am sure that we could have resolved your issue. I am in the habit of dropping by every table as they finish their meals & had there been a problem that would have been the time to raise the issue.

Perhaps you could drop in again, make yourself known to either myself or the front end team & we can make your visit much more memorable.

Best regards

Donna

Proprietor
Pitcrocknie Restaurant & Coffee House.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Wow! What a fab place this is - amazing views and even more amazing food. Had their speciality Sunday High Tea - what a bargain at £15.95 - and worth every penny. Beautiful bone china dishes - and all the food freshly made. I have a good appetite, but I struggled to finish the burger, and had to ask for boxes to take the remaining cakes home! Too good to waste, especially as it was obviously all home made. Really nice, friendly staff - and did I mention the great views too? Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Grace M