All reviews brew house wood burner tea lights little touches paul and louise beaver tour spent two nights double bed the main house couple of nights fantastic stay technology yurts hideaway solar powered badger
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Loved this experience of the Yurts. Secluded and private, takes you away from the fast pace of everyday life.
This is one of the most relaxed experiences l have had and loved every minute.
There are facilities within Bamff House such as toilet, shower and cooking facilities which is literally a minute walk from the yurt. The owners are on hand if you need anything.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Took my partner to the Hideaway for her Birthday surprise. She loved it as i did. Paul and Louise are fantastic people, the Hideaway was brilliant, all and more than we expected.

The rainwater shower was the best we've ever had. Saw quite a few Beavers and Bats.

The perfect getawat if you want to get away from it all and live of grid for a few days. We will be back, gone to the top of our places to go.

Thank you for a fantastic few days.

Bob & Kate x

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I was really impressed with the Bamff Hideaway, I have never stayed anywhere without electricity, I’ve never even been camping. When we arrived at the Hideaway I was pleasantly surprised to find all the amenities required for a comfortable stay, whilst still giving you the feeling of being in natural surroundings in the woods.

The solar powered lights are great, just like switching on a main light. There’s even solar powered USB ports! There’s a mini kitchen with everything you need, and a gas stove for cooking and boiling water. A large container of water was provided, but I would bring more if you’re staying more than a couple of nights. The bed is large and really comfy, I had a great nights sleep and was nice and warm.

The solar powered shower was hot and powerful, the toilet was a lot more basic than I’ve been used to before, however it serves its purpose and it’s great knowing that everything at the Hideaway is designed to have as little impact on the environment as possible.

Now the best bit....the nature and surroundings!! For me Bamff is paradise, beautiful woods behind you, in-front the incredible landscape that has been sculpted by the resident beavers. At night the woods around you are full of strange and exciting noises, like the sound of beavers stripping trees and owls hooting. I thought staying in the dark woods might be scary, but Bamff is just peaceful and magical.

We had great sightings of a beaver family, the beavers are quite tame and not affected by human presence, they just carried on with their business. We also had sightings of deer, crossbills and lots of baby frogs.

We went during this heatwave so the weather made things much easier, I imagine staying in the Hideaway in colder months would be a bit harder, but then you’d be able to use the wood burning stove and it would be so cosy.

Overall we had a fantastic stay, everything has been very well thought out, and I can’t wait to return again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018

We stayed in the south yurt at Bamff estate for two nights and had a lovely time. The yurt was a perfect size and was equipped with everything we needed. The bed was super comfy! Paul was so accommodating and made us feel very welcome. We went on the Beaver trail which Paul facilitated, it was thoroughly enjoyable and Paul showed amazing knowledge. It was about 10 minute drive from Alyth and 25 minute drive from Blairgowrie, so fine if you have access to a car. Would defos recommend and we will be back! Thanks!

Room tip: South Yurt was great!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights on the Bamff estate in the south yurt, which is equipped with a wood burner, lights powered by a solar panel and a very cosy double bed. Provided with towels and hot water bottles, as well as wood, and some coal for the BBQ, Paul and Louise Ramsey make sure to give you heaps of comfort and little trinkets of well thought through touches (picnic set, tea lights, etc). The Yurt facilities in the main house are a mere 20m away and are well equipped, clean and with options of purchasing additional wood, batteries, etc, or borrowing head torches and maps for explorations and adventures.

We went for a guided beaver spotting tour with Paul, which was very successful thanks to Paul's expertise.

Overall, we absolutely loved our stay and although we usually don't tend to visit the same spot twice, we are very keen on coming back next year!

Date of stay: May 2018