Lowest prices for your stay
US$218
Free cancellation until 24/09/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Destinia.com
All reviews north wing rusutsu resort ski slopes winter activities public bath snow mountains japan onsen monorail westin toilet equipment feb spring
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020

This was our 5th time staying at the Rusutsu Resort Hotel and Convention Center. As you might guess, we really enjoy our visits. The skiing is convenient (ski-in/ski out) with 3 mountains to choose. The new onsen in the North Tower was so relaxing and beautiful with indoor and outside pools. And of course we love the option of eating at the many restaurants in this hotel or taking the monorail to the Westin for more selections.

Room tip: Stay in the North Tower and request a room facing the mountains which are more picturesque and quiet.
Date of stay: February 2020
Web Sales Team Rusutsu Resort Hotel and Convention, Sales at Rusutsu Resort Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear anitah,

We sincerely thank you for your continuous stay with us and appreciate taking your precious time to share your experience with us. However, we are apologize for the slow reply.

Hopefully, you had enjoyed skiing in the beautiful nature here, in Rusutsu.
We are glad to hear you felt relaxing at our new public bath, "Rusutsu Onsen - Kotobuki" located in the North Wing.

We will keep making our best efforts for all guests to stay more enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you again in future.

Reviewed 19 February 2020

I am a guest of the North Wing from 16th to 20th Feb. On 19th night at round 10:30 to 11:00, I visited the Kotobuki Hot Spring and encountered some unhygienic and dangerous actions that I believe requires your immediate attention.
I spent most of my time at the outdoor open-air baths, and there were two Chinese women with a kid.
1) As soon as they entered, the kid was swimming in the onsen.
2) They were talking out loud in the bath
3) The kid was standing at the outer rim of the open-air baths
4) One woman kept encouraging the kid to jump onto the pile of snow that's along the tree-fence outside the open-air bath. The kid was naked, and the bath at the 4/F.
5) The kid was picking up the fallen snow from outside and putting it into the bath
6) Their actions had quickly scared away at least three local-Japanese guests and eventually me.
7) If I remember correctly, the kid's long hair was not tied up.

This is a ski resort, and I am already not much complaining about the extremely poor wifi, smelly toilet and not well tidy room-cleaning. However...the things that happened in the public bath got my last nerve.
I feel very disgusting when seeing their action and decide to leave the immediately.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank emiww

Dear emiww,

We sincerely thank you for your continuous stay with us and appreciate taking your precious time to share your experience with us. However, could you please accept our sincere apologies for the slow reply.

We deeply sorry for all inconveniences caused you mentioned, including making you upset due to undesirable manners by other guests at a public bath "Rusutsu Onsen - Kotobuki". We had shared your feedback with the related department to try to encourage appropriate manners to all guests who use public bath. We are tying to improve our service quality in future as much as we can.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for your stay. We will do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible the next time.

Reviewed 30 December 2019

This was probably the worst stay I’ve ever experienced in all my years of traveling to Japan. For a family-oriented resort hotel (upscale, upperupscale?), many aspects were simply unacceptable. The general service quality and offering relative to the ADR charged was poor (midscale-like) and predominantly characterized by a distinct lack of attention to detail and English-speaking proficiency from staff members. Considering the hotel target segmentation is mostly leisure, family, as well as foreign guests, the hotel is sorely lacking the expected service quality and offering. The only positive is perhaps its proximity to the ski slopes, where ski-in ski-out is available. However, I would add that the nearby Westin is just 5 minutes away connected by a mini monorail as well as regular bus service. So if you’re looking for proper brand standards, strong English proficiency, and great service, and you don’t mind paying a little more, you would be much better off staying at the Westin.
But let me explain what happened. My family and I stayed for 4 nights at the south-wing of Rusutsu Resort Hotel. We’re 4 and stayed in one room (the hotel charges per head). Of the four beds in the room, one of which provided was a sofa bed, and let’s just say that bed was beyond sleep-able. You can clearly feel every spring underneath when you lied down, which could’ve been easily fixed if the housekeeping staff had added some bed mats beforehand (attention to detail). When I went to complain, clearly distressed from the poor night of sleep I had just had, the hotel staff promptly said they would fix the issue, however, not one word of apology was offered, and that I feel is inexcusable.
The hotel has a decade-old card policy of only 2 cards per room (honestly, where’s the capex??). If I am paying per head for a room, I expect the right to access my room unhindered, but ofc this was not the case. One day I returned from skiing before the others, and I didn’t have a card. I went to the front office staff asking for a card to access my room. The front office staff without explaining anything handed me a new card. Little did I know, he had cancelled both previous cards, which consequently left my other family members without access and only one card for the 4 members of my family. This is ridiculous and of course I only found out when I desperately needed to access my room, only to discover I needed to head back down to the front office. When I complained, once again no apologies were offered… What a waste of time.
On my final day I brought all 4 suitcases down to the bell desk. No one was around. I asked front office staff where is bell staff to keep luggage? All he said was “no”. (For a leisure family ski resort hotel, no bell luggage service? This is frustrating). When I asked front office what then I should do? They offered one word “coin locker” and pointed in the direction of the coin lockers. Ok fine. I go there with my family, tried every single coin possible, wasted more time, only to then find out you needed a token from the front office. To add insult to injury, I then discover, the family friends we were travelling with were able to keep their luggage at the bell desk. Now I’m seriously questioning their service standards, whether there is any at all.
At this point I was honestly angry, I called for the front office manager. Mr. Yuji [-] came to speak with me (unfortunately he did not speak English either, however another staff helped translate) and I told him all the issues I had experienced. At last the first apology for all my complaints. He apologized sincerely, offered lounge access and also took care of our luggage. However I worry that nothing will change beyond that…

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank yoboomy3
RusutsuResort, Web Sales Team at Rusutsu Resort Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Dear DanielH@yoboomy3,

We sincerely thank you for choosing Rusutsu Resort and appreciate taking time to share your experiences.
However, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused during stay. We really regret you could not slept well and relaxed on the extra bed, and staffs served you were lack of hospitality and ability to communicate you well enough in English.
Regarding extra beds, we definitely will consider replacing new ones as soon as possible.
We had already shared this significant feedback from you with related department including the Front Office Manager and re-educated our staffs to improve service quality and hospitality.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this time and it would be great to have next chance to welcome you back in future.

Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

My family enjoyed our stay here. We rented ski equipments and went skiing. There’s a children’s area where they can use sled and tube however chargeable at 800yen per person.
There are lots of convenient/ souvenir shops within the resort.
The kids played at the game arcade.
Carousel ride is free for all.

The room is clean however look a bit tired. Time for some renovation.
Overall we love the resort.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
RusutsuResort, Web Sales Team at Rusutsu Resort Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2020

Dear SuzyZoo,

We sincerely thank you for staying at Rusutsu Resort Hotel & Convention and appreciate your feedback.
We are glad to hear you and your family had enjoyed staying with us and had great winter experiences, here in Rusutsu.

Regarding the room, we will share your your feedback with our management team for the better hotel experiences to all guests.

Reviewed 6 August 2019

We had recently booked a vacation to this "resort" and we were very disappointed by the poor experience we had. First of all, the "warm and friendly hospitality" we have grown in love within Japanese hospitality seems to be completely missing. We were treated most of the time as just another guest with the staff having absolutely no interest in how our stay went. What upset us most was when we were checking out, whereby the staff simply folded our receipt lobsided and threw it on the counter. Overall, a huge disappointment.

Room tip: Most of the rooms are old and dated. Not sure if there's a recommendation.
Date of stay: July 2019
RusutsuResort, Web Sales Team at Rusutsu Resort Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

Dear travelhound2019,

We sincerely thank you for choosing Rusutsu Resort and appreciate taking your precious time to share your experience with us.
However, we sincerely apologize for your disappointment due to staffs’ attitude and lack of hospitality.
We definitely share your feedback with each related department to re-educate our staffs on the basis of hospitality.
Again, please accept our sincere apology and we appreciate your valued feedback that gave us a chance to improve quality of our services, and we are glad to have next chance to welcome you back in future.