Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I normally avoid eating at hotel restaurants as much as possible. To me they are usually nothing more than a place to eat when you don’t have any other options. The food and service are often not subject to any competition, and the hotels know this.

This restaurant was definitely the exception that proves the rule. The food and the service were fantastic. Simply put, this was probably the best meal I’ve had at a hotel in several years. I chose the main course of the day which was veal with a red wine sauce, potatoes, and a salad.

I highly recommend this hotel and especially the restaurant!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Charlotte R, Direktør at Skanderborg Park ApS, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear Timmy

Thank you for your fantastic feed back, it means a lot to us. We work every day to make a difference for our guest and to make them feel comfortable while staying at our hotel. We opened up our a la carte restaurant just a few months ago, so it is really nice to get this kind of feed back, especially since hotelrestaurants normally has a reputation as you describe. But so fare it has been a succes and we will definitely continuing keeping it that way. :-)

Kindest regards
Charlotte Riberholt

Reviewed 8 October 2018

This attractive one-story hotel seems to be primarily used for business conferences, which would explain the 10am checkout time.

While it has a lovely location overlooking the lake, the hotel is not in walking distance of Skanderborg train station or town, so it is best for guests who are arriving by car.

The sole onsite restaurant has excellent service and high-end Nordic cuisine aimed at people on an expense account. Again, best for the business or elite traveller. Vegetarian options available.

Friendly check-in. Rooms are clean, comfortable, but rather small. No shampoos or other cosmetic amenities provided, just a universal soap.

Good breakfast buffet with a variety of breads, meats, fruit, yogurt, and scrambled eggs.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel proved a beautiful view of the lake, has a massive lawn, and has a nice forest. The room was perfect with firm beds, modern, clean, and a great bathroom. Breakfast could not be better. I’d like to spend several nights here because of the peace and quiet of its natural surroundings.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Charlotte R, Direktør at Skanderborg Park ApS, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Richard

Thank you for your great review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

Have a great summer, we hope to see you back again some day.

Best regards
Charlotte

Reviewed 4 December 2016

An very nice business dinner with excellent food. The atmosphere at the hotel is nice and relaxed - just what you need after an day with business meetings.
There is no bar but the reception has excellent local beer and there is an nice lounge area just next to the reception.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Skanderborg Park is set in beautiful parkland with superb views of the lake beyond. Lovely for a drink outside on a summers evening.

I am uncertain if this hotel offers dinner, we ate out elsewhere. The hotel appears to be aimed at business travellers and is comfortable enough. Breakfast is provided as a plentiful buffet - the Danes do bread very well!

When I stayed here there were building works, and I was a bit surprised that hotel guests were asked to negotiate various trip hazards and broken glass to walk past them.

The bed was a bit hard for me, I prefer them much softer.

Date of stay: June 2016