“Great atmosphere and even better fiid”

Restaurante Cachivache
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in La Cabrera
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant in the Sierra de Madrid with a gastronomic market, traditional Mediterranean base with pinceladas of contemporary Italian cuisine. A place to enjoy quality cuisine in a family friendly atmosphere. Enjoy your terrace, its spacious and bright rooms and a service that strives to make your visit a special experience.
Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

I was back in Madrid and passing by and remembered I’d been to this great restaurant a couple of years ago so I thought I’d pop by to see if it was still going. The same owners were still there and were super friendly and I recognised most of the staff from before who were so helpful and great. I sit in the lovely shaded Terazza which even in the Spanish heat was a perfect temperature. I had a lovely starter but the real treat was the huge steak for my mains, best I’ve had in a long time. If you’re anywhere near I highly recommend giving it a go.

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (255)

Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

Highly recommended! We shared some salads and some pizzas. Everything was delicious. Good for adults and kids.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank boltuprightCanada
Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant this is, great food and very good atmosphere, staff were fantastic and very friendly, would love to return

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I was passing by and thought I’d pop in and have a bite to eat. The food and the service was so great that I decided to open a TripAdvisor account. Had an amazing T bone steak and loved it, the staff were so friendly and helpful. I got to know the owners Ali and Ivan and they really went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Beginning on a good note, the owner was absolutely delightful, attentive and sweet. From there however it went downhill.
The kids ordered a pepperony pizza which turned out to be huge. All good here except the flavour wasn't there.
Ordered the cachivache chicken burger, again huge, but after a few bites realised the chicken was raw. The burger was replaced at once by the owner but the bad taste will not go away anytime soon.
Cod mariniere, big but again tasteless.
Salmon salad came with a tag of having been sauced up but wasn't.

Although the service was good, I gave it one star due to the fact that the food was well below standard, to the point of being health hazzard.

Date of visit: July 2018