“EXCEPTIONAL FOOD!”

Metaxy Mas Tavern
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Price range: US$23 - US$34
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Before I flew to Greece, I have read multiple blogger sites highly recommending Metaxy Ma Tavern as a must visit restaurant. Once I reached Santorini and asked taxi drivers, shop owners and the hotel for food recommendations, Metaxy Mas was unanimously the top choice. Although I stayed in Fira, it was definitely worthwhile taking a taxi to Pyrgos for this wonderful food experience. The tavern was full of local flavour, not showy and it's all just about savouring the good local Greek cuisine. I ended up trying most of the delicious vegetarian options on the menu over two consecutive-days dinner and my absolute favourite is the grilled porcini mushroom. Just thinking about it makes me salivate. Do get your hotel to make a reservation to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank Linda_Francis_SIN
Write a ReviewReviews (3,379)

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

This beautiful restaurant is a must! Perfect traditional dishes such as Feta with honey, or the shrimp pasta and may more, you can eat there traditional Cretan and Santorinian cuisine accompanied with lovely Santorini wine.
Don't forget to book a table 24 hours before, as it is always busy! Enjoy!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Nothing bad to say about this place! The food was amazing, the portions were huge and the view was beautiful! The menu was extensive and we were abit greedy and wanted to try everything - so we ended up with too much food (the waiter will help you with ordering as they did warn us that it was too much)! We recommend all the dips and slow cooked meat... it was honestly the best food we had in Santorini! The price was also super reasonable and we loved the style of the restaurant. We will definitely come back again!!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Fabian_Michelle
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This hit the spot. Only locals eat here, you have to book 2 days in advance. The food is exceptional.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

This was recommended to me by a friend and it gave me the most authentic and flavorsome Greek cuisine experience. The view is over the backside of the island (towards the airport) and accessible if you have a car / bike / quad. Staff were friendly and welcoming - the food was amazing - generous portions - inexpensive wine and beer. Loved it!!! When in Santorini - take a break from the Caldera and venture to this amazing little family business. We went around 4pm and had an early dinner and watched the sky change colour as the sunset on the other side of he island.

1  Thank Essbie