All reviews coach house maesmawr hall main building beautiful hotel log fire business trip function room food was amazing set in lovely grounds old building high standard double bed welsh breakfast special thanks mini break fantastic stay stayed for one night
Reviewed 20 February 2018

This is a lovely place to stay, warm and cosy, excellent breakfast, very helpful staff. Had everything I needed. A little isolated if you don't have a car and the bar closed at 9pm so no chance of a nightcap after the wedding we were at, but great service and lovely building.

Room Tip: My room was in The Coach House which was very comfortable.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maesmawr, Owner at Maesmawr Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I know last weekend we had a number of guests staying who attended a wedding off site at another venue and due to this the hotel was quiet during the evening, however it is very unusual for the bar to close before 11pm and the manager on duty last Saturday said it was open until this time. My thoughts were perhaps when you arrived back at the hotel nobody was actually behind the bar and therefore presumed it was closed. If this was the case please accept our sincere apologies that you were not able to enjoy a night cap on return to the hotel. If you do find yourself visiting in the future please do not hesitate to ask for a drink even if the bar is closed and we would be more than happy to serve you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and it is always helpful for us to receive feedback in order that we can maintain our standards.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We held our wedding here and from the day we booked all the way through to today ( day 1 of marriage) the team were exceptional. The venue is fab - beautiful old building and lovely surroundings. The interior is warm and welcoming and a lovely backdrop for photos. The staff were without exception friendly efficient and responsive to every request. They made the day easy and a brilliant day to remember. (Special mention to Amber- wedding co ordinator).

And all this was delivered at a great price for such quality. We will be back many times to sample the atmosphere and plentiful food.

Thanks to you all again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Maesmawr, Owner at Maesmawr Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Sallie,

Firstly on behalf of all the team "CONGRATULATIONS"

It really is wonderful for us to receive such lovely feedback and we are so pleased that your day was everything you wanted.

I have passed on your comments to Amber, who will be equally delighted to have a special mention which I know will be well deserved as she does work hard both in front and behind the scenes in advance of your special day and also on the day itself.

We look forward to welcoming you as husband and wife on many future occasions and for choosing Maesmawr Hall for your special day.

Wishing you a very happy life together and sincere thanks for your very kind comments.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Excellent service from start to finish ! Wonderful hotel, staff and food. Special thanks to Lee for all his help with the arrangements and support on the day. We were a party of approx. 50 and hired the main function room. Everyone said how delicious the food was, excellent service and friendly staff.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maesmawr, Owner at Maesmawr Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear Tracey,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. I am so glad your guests enjoyed the food and that your 80th Birthday celebration was a success.
I personally spoke with the "Birthday Boy" who is certainly a character.
Lee and the team will be delighted that everything went well and thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We hope we can be of service to you on future occasions.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here a few times over the past few months and every time Ive had a great stay. The staff are friendly and the food is simply amazing, the only downside to this place is that the doorways / beams are a little on the low side, the task of just ducking slightly becomes very hard when you’ve been sat by the roaring fire and you decide to go bowling back to your room full of Stella.... mind your head
Lovely place, hope to visit again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a glowing review of the hotel and we really do appreciate your time taken to do this.
we certainly do have some low doorways which does add to the hotels character,however I do fully understand how a night in front of our roaring log fire with a pint or two can dull the senses, my only advice on this would be to perhaps try the Leffe on tap which is even stronger than the Stella and may dull all senses better so you wont feel anything as you roll back to your room. ;)
I hope you understand the above is all said in jest and my sincere thanks for your kind words.
The team and I hope we can welcome you on future occasions.

kind regards

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I stayed here a night before xmas for a business meeting. The building is beautiful and full of character. My room was in the attic had nice beams was clean but was due a refurb despite this i really enjoyed my stay. The dining room was set out lovely and the food was surprisingly goid, i am very fusdy and usualky end up leaving what ive ordered but not here. I had the spinach and ricotta tortellini and it was lovely.
The staff are very nice and helpful and all were welsh which was really nice, breakfast was goid too. Beautiful roaring fire in the bar. Would definately return

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbed room
Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind word regarding your stay with us in December.
We are delighted to know you enjoyed the food and ambience of the hotel.
As you note a refurbishment programme is in hand and most of the hotel is now complete and we hope to be finished within the next 18 months.
We look forward to welcoming you again.