1,848 results
All reviews steak evening meal relaxation room tribute night lovely hotel executive room set menu steam room leisure facilities bed and breakfast food was lovely birthday treat overnight stay afternoon tea family room treatment kelpies
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Our room was in dire need of an update. The window frame was filthy, I rubbed my finger along the frame because i couldn't belive how black it was, surely the cleaner see's this, curtains were faded and thread bare, it was more of a 2star never mind 4. Dinner was lovely, you can eat from a set 3 course menu or have £25 towards your choice from resturant menu. We had food from a special menu 2course for £25 we had a starter and sirloin steak which was cooked medium rare as requested with pepper sauce altho it was more of a gravy. You also get £5 per person to spend in hotel. We had a large rosè wine and a coke which was £13.80.
Breakfast wasn't the best the sausage was over cooked and bacon had more fat than meat the black pudding was swimming in grease. Only enough coffee in my pot for 1 cup.
1st ever stay at inchyra, shocked at how bad the room was and price of drinks, wont be back as im sure there is much better hotels in the area.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank aanetsie
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Annetsie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you had a lovely dinner, however, you felt the pepper sauce was not correct.

Regarding the room please do contact me on gm.inchyra@macodnald-hotels.co.uk and I can discuss further with yourself.

Please accept our apologies that certain aspects of the hotel where not to our usually high standards and I look to discuss further with you soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

This 4 star hotel was decidedly average. I've stayed at other Macdonald Hotels and this my poorest experience.

Staff were very helpful. Room was clean, but otherwise not great - with an outlook in to a courtyard. Not much they can do about it though.

Food was good in parts - but just didn't cut it. I paid extra for a steak - which had rather a lot of gristle. They seemed to have difficulty keeping food warm; half plate warm and half plate not.

I started with prawn cocktail on both nights. First night was fine. Second night it had been covered in what looked like paprika - and made it so spicy it was (for me) inedible. It was quickly replaced without problem.

I ordered the Black Forrest Gateau on both nights. First night 'chef wasn't happy with it' - so had something else. Second night - I wasn't greatly impressed at what turned out to be an individual Black Forrest Cake.

Service was, on both evenings, very slow. Just as well we weren't going anywhere after.

Drinks prices were on a par with, or higher than, London hotels. Not what you expect in Grangemouth!

The bill for our party was incorrect. I don't think there was any dishonesty - they just weren't very good at the hotel financial systems.

My overall impression was one of slight disappointment all round.

Dear Bill H,

Thank you for choosing to visit us recently and for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

It was great to see that you found all of the team members to be very helpful and the rooms clean as you would expect.

Please accept apologies that you felt the dinner service on both evenings was slow, as well as the quality of one of the steaks to be a poorer quality than expected. We purchase the finest of Scot beef and therefore should be a fantastic quality. I will certainly pass on to chef, the feedback on both the steak and the dessert.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back should you be visiting the area again in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I came here for dinner rather than as an overnight guest.

The hotel and restaurant have a very nice atmosphere. Less rigid than some other hotels.

I decided to have a steak and asked for it to be 'blue'. It was cooked to prefection and that is not easy for blue steaks. I would definitely go back!

Room tip: Ask at reception
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear TartanWanderer,

Thank you for choosing to visit our Scottish Steakhouse recently, and for posting your review on to Tripadvisor.

It was great to see that you enjoyed the style and atmosphere of the restaurant. We endeavor to ensure that we have a less rigid approach and style of service with the Steakhouse, whilst ensuring we deliver the levels of service and quality expected in a 4 star hotel.

It was great to read that your blue steaks were cooked to perfection.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Found this hotel to be an ideal place to stay whilst in the Central Scotland Region. The hotel is easily accessible from the M9 and thus close to most major attractions in the area and only a short trip from Edinburgh.

The service throughout the hotel was first class with all I encountered being of a very helpful and friendly disposition.

The evening meal and breakfast menus had a significant choice and the meals I had were first class.

The room was spacious and clean and the bed provided a good nights sleep.

Would definitely recommend and if back in the area would stay there again.

Dear Gavin,

Thank you for posting your feedback following your visit to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa this last week.

We also agree that the hotel is easily accessible, and an ideal location for exploring the central belt, as well as further a field in to Edinburgh and Glasgow.

It was fantastic to see that you found the service throughout the hotel to be first class, and the team were all friendly and helpful. This is something we pride ourselves on.

It was also great to see that you found the room comfortable, and you enjoyed both dinner and breakfast.

Thanks again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to post online.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, and with that in mind, once booked, please do not hesitate to contact me on gm.inchyra@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, and I can certainly look at some way of enhancing your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

At dinner, we ordered a bottle of red wine which turned out not to be available so we ordered another - both times, the waitress was very slow to return so we were drink-less for at least half an hour.
Most bizarrely, I ordered the mozzarella from the set menu and the burger from the main menu and was told this was not allowed. I could either order from the main menu or the set menu, I could not combine the two!
I changed my starter order to fit their rules, but alas, apparently there was no mayonnaise at all in the restaurant to dip my chips in.
Finally, breakfast took over an hour to arrive in the morning. After two polite complaints, we were told that our breakfasts "were next". This was a lie, as we watched a further three or four breakfasts be served before ours. We both ordered full breakfasts and they both arrived with no mushrooms.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sara,

Thank you for passing on your feedback regarding your experiences in the restaurant.

We endeavor to ensure we have a supply of all wines in stock at all times, on this occasion we had sold out of your first choice. The time to receive the wine was excessive.

Our restaurant manager has reiterated to the team that choices can be selected from both menus, and I am sorry you were incorrectly advised on this occasion.

Clearly there was a mix up with the breakfast checks, which should not have happened. Again our restaurant manager has reviewed with the team and please accept our apologies for the wait being far too long.

Thanks again for passing on your feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.