Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
US$105
US$94
Premier Inn Falkirk East Hotel(Polmont)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
US$109
US$95
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,767 results
All reviewssteakevening mealtribute nightexecutive roomlovely hotelsteam roomset menusoupleisure facilitiesfood was lovelybirthday treatbed and breakfastovernight stayafternoon teafamily roomfalkirk wheeltreatment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were visiting family and decided to treat ourselves to a two night stay here. We are from the area originally and decided this would be an ideal place for us to stay.

Positives:
1)staff were friendly on reception and reasonably good at breakfast.
2)The spa facilities are very nice and there clearly has been money invested in these.
3) Breakfast had a good selection of food available which was very tasty.
4) The bed in room was extremely comfortable and I slept very well.
5) The room was clean

Areas for improvement:
1) The room was very dated, old 1980’s style furniture and decor it also had a smell, potentially of damp.
2) The bathroom needs updating and the shower didn’t work properly, pieces were missing from the shower which made it difficult to operate.
3)The service really wasn’t good. My husband requested for something to be brought to the room which never came.

It’s clear that the hotel makes its money from the spa and weddings which is lovely but if it is going to gain repeat business from people visiting from outside of town then it needs to invest in updating the rooms and bucking up its ideas in terms of service provided, you can’t just ignore customers requests it’s just bad business.

We have both grown up in Falkirk so know the area very well and really thought this stay would have been a nice treat when visiting our families but honestly it was completely average.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Laura B
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Laura,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, following your recent visit to the hotel.

It was great to see that you found the team to be friendly during your visit, and in particularly you enjoyed the breakfast, found the room to be clean and comfortable and the spa areas very nice.

Thank you for your suggested focus areas for us to review in order to improve the overall experience for yourselves. I will certainly share this feedback with the teams. It was very disappointing to read that a simple request to the room was not delivered when requested.

Please accept my apologies for the short comings encountered, and thank you again for your feedback.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked up a spa night away after previously being to the MacDonald Cardrona Hotel we were keen to experience another hotel in the estate and its spa.

Upon booking we were offered spa treatment times of 1530 which was perfect and ee aimed to be on property prior to this to check into room and the like.

Unfortunately on the day there was a call to me at 1pm which was regarding the bookings which due to a family emergency one of the therapists had to go home. We were therefore moved to 1730. The way it was handled was fine and didnt massively change things except we would spend more time in the hotel or spa now prior to treatments.
Only two negatives, the person on the call promised us prosecco for agreeing to the change when we got to the spa reception. Alas this didny happen.
Plus when on the call I said I hope your colleague is ok and its nothing too distressing. The response was one of genuine shock as if it was lie that this had happened as she fumbled around the remark.

Nowithstanding this, we got to the hotel and checked in. Couple of problems, printer was painfully slow (was apologised for three times), I got the wrong check in card with other guests details plus my second name was spelt wrong (not a crime, but 'detail'.)

We did accept the upsell of dinner as fancied trying the scottish steakhouse concept with a relaxing day ahead so no plans to go off property. This in fairness was seemless

To the next stage, check in over, to the room. Corridors all a bit dated and tired, allbeit not in bad condition, just old and not current. Alot of this apparent by using an archaic plastic keyfob for your room power and no modern card or lock, all a bit 1990.

Room was clean but unmodern, nothing really bad as over time a few items have been added to the space but the general tiredness was apparent in every aspect of the room sadly. Carpets barely passable, bedroom ceilings lights just a little depressing for example. It was all in all average fayre. Notable no mini bar either.

As our times were altered from 1530 to 1730, we opted for a refreshment at the bar, namely tea. The space was openplan with horseshoe bar and generally the welcome was good. We ordered at bar, seated and were given the order of tea and capuccino with two pints of soda water to follow which was served between two colleagues.

Upon returning with the tea, we opted to 'upgrade' to the cream tea for £8.50 tjis hot you scones, jam, cream and hot drink. My partner asked what the scones were, to be told plain and cherry, but we can do only plain if you wish.
I made it clear we wanted to upgrade the tea to a cream tea and it was one only, this was confirmed by the response by our host of 'only one scone each'
As an aside the size of the jug of milk served for the tea was silly. Almost the same size as the pot.

Minutes passed which was fine and another colleague plated up 4 cold scones with icing sugar dusted (no biggy but why?), jam and cream. Two of the scones were cherry! Despite saying no cherry.
This was graviously rectified but again lacked the attention to detail as indicated previously.

When it came back it was four scones, all plain. The size was a bit dimunitive however.
Nonetheless we concluded our time in the bar, got the bill....
Firstly it was obvious only one cream tea was ordered, ie £8.50. We were charged for two.
The second item was just careless, £10 for 2 pint of soda water. The server instantly went, oh I will change that if you want.
Eh well to be honest a pint of amstel is £3.90 so £5 for a soda water is really silly. I understand that it was due to using 5 x mixers at £2 each, however if you know this is going to lead to an issue then why not raise the concern when ordered. By stating a pint at order time, I am clearly expecting that the bar has dispense from a python. Using bottles whilst not uncommon for a drink like that is never going to work.

Finally on the bar service, the bar was cleaned top to bottom at 1530 on a sunday, who came up with that? Glasses all over the bar and the place an utter tip. Usually an end of service matter or something you do at the beginning of a shift?

So in round terms a simple sit down tea and chat tips the scales at £27.00!
Graviously this is reduced to £20 with a discount which saved everyones embarassment but didnt really bode well or set a great tone.

To the gym....Generally good, helpful people at reception, looks like the myzone cycle classes have been invested in and the space was clean and appealing.
Only minor gripe was a defective locker pad lock and being locked out once but all in all easy to get over.
Gym kit was good, music good and spa area cosy and appealing except the heated bed number two was off and no obvious water fountain meaning a painful trek to the gym for cold water. Overall what we came for and bar no jacuzzi it was relaxing.

To the treatments...The waiting area is brightly lit and not very appealing, as we had the death slot of 1730 ie thirty mins before service I was worried it would be hurried and rushed. In waiting from 1720 we had the team have to nudge past us on the sofas at the waiting area with towel buckets and new robes.
We had to ask at reception for a robe, which to me is part of the experience which if we hadnt asked, i doubt we would have got.
No prosecco received and we were attentively taken to the treatment rooms at 1732.

Consultation on my side was good and therapist knowledgable and understanding.
Treatment started 1736. Treatment good if a little time barred, ended 1755 frustratingly 19minutes only. Whisked into the relaxation area promptly and waited for partner. Ironically another couple taken just ahead of us came in 2 and 3 minutes after me. Annoying to feel short changed.
To the relaxation area as I worried about before it was 1800 end of the day so we felt no option but to abandon what was a relaxing space when the team removed the artifical candles and the like from the area.
Back to the pool we went and the thermal area.

In room experience, there is a bucket for ice, so I went to the bar for some ice.
I was taken care of but given as I asked in a pint glass, only to then be educated that I should have brought down my ice bucket. All in all a fair point but I had came straight from the gym and this was to save wasting the room service function and also for flow and ease of an ice solution in the rooms. Not bad but seemed a bit quite frankly rude.

Bathroom experience was fine, shower head didnt really give off great pressure and looped out rather than powerfully down but was adequate. The room size was good and everything was clean as expected allbeit it slightly tired or unmodern.

To dinner, 2015 reservation, no one at the waiter station or booth so had to ask at bar for the chap who had handled icegate to check us in. He weirdly seated us (bar man stepped up or ?)

The ambience was ok, we would have liked a booth but oddly plonked opposite the back breakfast room adj a loud boomy 80th party of around 16. Nothing bad but more on that later.
Service was diligent and on point, prompt and as nice as could be. Cullen skink was finished so went for the blackpudding scotch egg and the vension stew.
Ordered up side of carrots, not realising that the dish was garnished with carrots, why didnt we get told that??!

Dishes arrived in good time, nicely done and at £10/19 reasonable value given hotel pricing strategy.
Our only problem was during our main the group at the 80th dispersed and hung around the back of us alot and it was very off putting. Whilst the hotel I am sure felt powerless I dont know why in a 40% state of occupancy we were lobbed round adjacent to them.
As a complete random gesture we did get a free french martini which was nice and unexpected due to a 'mistake' in the bar

Post dinner drink was a farce to put it mildly, went to the sit up area where I had litterly the dreggs of a bottle of beer to finish and my partner had nothing.
We sat there uncomfortably watching glasses being put away, chat with other guests and some till or coffee activity. Eventually the good samaritan was the braserie manager, I assume, who prompted one of the team to serve, but in spite of apologising for same could have formally conveyed a message to alert her of our presence minutes earlier.
All in all poor.

To bedroom, bed was ok overall, pillows way over sized and uncomfortable so not a great nights sleep being honest. Oddly the tv had a mind of its own and came on at 6am which was all in all a bit bizarre.

To the final act of breakfast after the morning gym visit which was fine, we final act of a lack of care was there, we were plonked in beside the bar inspite of other tables being setup for breakfast.
We came down late ie ten thirty and selection was ok and cooked breakfast was fine, except in my omlette i asked for tomato, mushroom and onion. The onions were red onion, not the same thing. I put up with it anyway. Sadly the bakery items ie pan aux chocolat were yesterdays and brick hard too, but rest of selection was ample and service was caring.

We left as a full pre pay without any hindrance. For £139 plus £70 on dinner, £30 on drinks it was a moderately priced night away for us but sadly too many mistakes and basic items made it very average.

Hopefully this will fuel some much need upgrade in levels of care as the hotel was not busy or booming to not have these standards or quality of service.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rcdm1876

Dear RCDM1876,

Thank you for visiting with us recently and for taking the time to post an in depth review of your experience and personal thoughts in regards to your visit.

I won't list individual responses to the comprehensive feedback you have given. However, I have shared the review with all of the management and asked them to review the points relevant to their department, and to make any changes were they feel they need to be made. As well as feedback to the team members.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst in the area on business.
All the staff I met were pleasant and helpful, this includes reception and restaurant.
The room was good (I was in an executive room) and it was clean and tidy with plenty of space to relax.
The bed was comfortable, and I slept well.
It was good to find I could connect my iPad to the tv. One criticism would be that there could be sockets by the bed for charging phones etc.
The bathroom was ok, although oddly on two occasions the cold water flowed hotter than the hot tap?!
I ate in the restaurant both nights, and the food I had was tasty and enjoyable. What I did feel was that for a longer stay the menu might be a bit limited.
Overall I have no issues with this hotel and be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Cyberwho,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your business trip recently, and for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

It was great to see that you found the team to be pleasant through out the hotel.

It was also great to see that you enjoyed the facilities and the comfort of the room, and the food in the restaurant.

We, as a team are proud of the hotel and the service we provide and it was therefore great to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

1) the Macdonald website is mis-leading, this hotel is not in Stirling but a good drive from it and Falkirk. So check it is where you want to be before booking, especially if you select a non-refundable booking. It is a long way to find an alternative place to eat if that is what you want
2) room service to provide fresh milk and a second towel (only one provided in our double room) took an age
3) chickpea tagine contained no chickpeas. when we asked we were informed that they had run out of chickpeas. I assume they'd take a lamb tagine off the menu if they ran out of lamb. The only compensation was not being charged for this dish but having two meals completely offset wasn't worthy of compensation.
4) breakfast was very good with lots of variety on offer
5) pool was very pleasant

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Graham,

Thank you for choosing to visit with us recently and for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

in regards to the service I am sorry that it took too long for the room service items to arrive. I will address this with the reception and restaurant team. As well as discussing the issues with the meal with chef.

It was great to see that you found the breakfast offering varied and of a good quality. We pride ourselves in the service and quality of the products we provide.

Our pool is a fantastic asset to the hotel and to have the thermal suite and brand new gym to compliment these gives a great facility for our guests to enjoy.

Thanks again for choosing to visit with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall not too bad, would stay here again. Food and service was excellent from the reception to the bar and restaurant, the house staff were also very friendly.

The room was clean, but looks a bit dated, bathroom very cramped with a hole in the door. The sink taps in my bathroom only had two states - off or hurricane strength which leads to soaked trousers if you didnt carefully turrn the tap with outstretched arms.

Very handy location for grangemouth and wifi good speed for work.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Inchyramanager, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ofthenorth,

Thank you for choosing to visit us recently and for taking the time to post your online review.

It was fantastic to read your Scottish Steakhouse review, and great to see how much you enjoyed that aspect of your visit.

Thank you for your feedback on the room. I will certainly pass to maintenance to check that rooms facilities.

Thanks again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.