All reviews quality hotel sunday lunch xmas party swimming pool leisure facilities steam room coach party great night wedding reception lovely hotel couldn't fault room was large the ground floor buffet breakfast one night stay gym sunderland
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Booked 50 tickets for 70's night to celebrate my 50th birthday with family and friends. What a great night. Meal was lovely, band was fabulous and disco a blast. A lot of us dressed up and we all glad a brilliant night. Lots of sore feet and heads this morning. Would absolutely recommend the theme nights, great night out.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GMQHB, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Hazel
Thanks so much for your fantastic review, we are super proud of the success of our special event nights
We hope that you and your friends will join us again soon

GM

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel (Quality Hotel) the night of 30th Aug 2018, The staff were very good, bar service good, room clean and comfortable but, they need to do something about their breakfast, sadly for a good hotel it was a buffet breakfast, I would have hoped for table service, that said, the plates were cold, and many of the items were just warm, had we not been wanting to get away I would have raised this at the time, 4 out of 5, could do better.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
GMQHB, Manager at Clarion Hotel Boldon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear John
My apologies that the breakfast was not to your satisfaction.
Buffet breakfasts are classed as a standard now in most large 4 star properties, however there is absolutely no
excuse for cold plates and this has been addressed

We do hope that you will consider staying with us again for all the positive comments that you have made

Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

On my way to the hotel highways england decided to shut the A1, this combined with some snow meant i ended up smashing my car. I ended up at the hotel at midnight which is less than ideal, either way the porter let me in and got me checked into my room.

The room was clean, modern and well equipped. Bed was large with a big tv. Bathroom and shower were nice with usual towels and toiletries.

I was fairly late to breakfast due to trying to sort out repairs on my car, because of this the breakfast was a bit overdone (as it had been in the warmers all morning). There was however a decent selection of food and drink which i’m sure had i been earlier would have been very nice.

Overall a very decent motel style hotel, i would recommend if staying for business, not sure if there are any leisure amenities locally.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Adrian
So sorry to read of your ordeal
Hopefully, should you choose to stay with us again you will have a much safer journey
We have on site Leisure faciltties which you need to experience

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments

GM

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely place - nice staff - Signed up for the fitness suite - top marks - very clean and well maintained - came out to have a cupper and a light lunch.... but very very very slow service - apart from that - smashing!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank shellstar-1967

Dear shellstar
Thank you for your great comments- apologies for the slow service
We will certainly aim to improve on this

Many thanks

Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Could not fault this hotel on anything
Staff were friendly, room was spotless, bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, and Michelle who was working in the bar went out of her way to obtain our meal for us

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madmalc2018

Thank you so much for your great comments and the special mention of Michelle
who is definitely our superstar on the bar

Restaurant Manager