1,058 results
All reviews girls night in package relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities sauna and steam room spa pool wedding venue health club bar prices food was lovely couldn't do enough restaurant staff wedding reception changing rooms course evening meal following morning the barn
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The food was absolutely awful, the roast potatoes were not roasted , they were very white and too hard, the Yorkshire pudding I’m sure were frozen, hard and too crispy, just 2 hard sprouts on the plate and bit of other hard veg, THEN the dessert was hard and I’m sure old choc brownie and ice cream, the brownie served cold !!!!!! (Never fresh) I would not recommend or ever go back

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Hellabyhall, General Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us from your Christmas party.

I am sorry that you felt it was awful, we try and please all our guest who visit the hotel in whatever capacity, it does seem on this occasion we have not with yourself, i was unaware of any negative feedback from the night, as i was in the building myself or one of my team would have spoken to you personally to rectify any issue you may have had with your meal, for us to comment after is disappointing as we do not like our guest leaving dissatisfied.

The food we serve at our functions is fresh not old, and we believe is good quality, and the feedback we have received from our 2 party nights over the weekend backs that up.

I am sorry that you were satisfied and we at the hotel are sorry that you will not be revisiting us in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Fantastic recently refurbished hotel. My wife and I stayed for two nights in late November 2017. Staff were very friendly - food great - pool was excellent although jacuzzi wasn't a jacuzzi apparently - it was a "spa pool" which meant it was cool - not the usual 38 degree jacuzzi that we're all used to. First time I've gone from the jacuzzi to the pol to heat up!! But the pool was lovely and warm and the whole area was very clean. There's nowhere to go for a walk if that's your thing - but that's not really to do with the hotel - there was 100 guests the nights we stayed. - but you would never have known. Would definitely sty there again. Very acceptable. I & J Inverness-shire

Room Tip: Room was on the ground floor and lovely and quiet.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review from your stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to the team, it is unfortunate that people think we have a Jacuzzi, it can be misconstrued about this, but we advise as many people as we can that its not a Jacuzzi and is a spa pool.

I am glad that you had a lovely stay with us, and we look forward to you returning next time in the area.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Arrived around 3.30pm check in fine.We asked for a taxi to take us to party and taxi for a return.Waited for taxi which was booked for 11.30pm freezing cold taxi did not arrive company hotel used said it had not been booked.We had to ask someone to call another one as we didn't know any taxi firms or have any numbers.Told reception they said probably taxi firm forgot or were busy not the reply I wanted.Room was lovely i looked for hairdryer which was missing rang down,young lady said they would send one up never arrived.paid £10 each for breakfast very disappointed the food was cold were told fried eggs were coming got fed up waiting we had ate our cold breakfast eggs still not there not worth £10.Overall hotel is lovely just the above disappointing.

Room Tip: Not sure we had ground floor very quiet
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for talking the time to review your stay with us.

The taxi company we use are a third party client, and we always book all aspects of our guests needs when booking return taxis. i have spoken to the taxi firm and they confirmed it was a error, so on there behalf i am sorry that you had to wait for another taxi to arrive.

I have spoken to the food and beverage manager who has taken your breakfast comments on board and will discuss this with the team, i am sorry that you were waiting for eggs, Sunday mornings around the time you came for breakfast can be extremely busy.

I do hope you will return to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

If, for whatever reason, you need to visit Rotherham, Hellaby Hall Hotel is a lovely place to stay. It’s a 17th Century Manor that has been converted and tastefully added to. Set in charming grounds, it has spa and pool facilities as well as the usual bar/restaurant services. Very picturesque for weddings but also just a very pleasant place to stay if you’re passing through. Very reasonably priced for what you get for your money.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for review from your stay.

i was very happy to read your review and that you enjoyed al the aspects from your stay.

We look forward to you revisiting the hotel when next in the area.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is our second stay at Hellaby Hall and again we found it very pleasant with friendly helpful staff. On arrival we were given a twin bedded room and we asked to be moved to a king size which we were straight away. The room was spacious, clean, warm and comfortable with all amenities. The bathroom was large, with shower and bath. This was also clean and modern. Tea, coffee facilites are proved however a small fridge would make this room perfect. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice in a lovely environment and very pleasant staff. We didn't use the spa ln this visit but I would on another occasion.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank-you for your repeat custom, and thank you for your positive comments about your stay.

we do hope you are able to visit us again soon and us the spa for a nice relaxing treatment.