1,048 results
All reviews girls night in package relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities sauna and steam room spa pool my partner wedding venue health club bar prices food was lovely restaurant staff wedding reception couldn't do enough changing rooms following morning course evening meal
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Sadly my car was broken into on Saturday night. The thieves broken in via “electronic means” and were disturbed by another hotel resident who raised the alarm. Luckily no damage was done and minor things taken were taken and the car was still there luckily.
Whilst the night staff were helpful
In phoning the police (who by the way did not attend the scene as it was deemed worthy enough), and notifying us straight away, their attitude and hotel as a whole (due to “hotel policy”) were unsympathetic.
My and my partner were left feeling singled out, and victimised and the hotel still wanted paying in the morning!
Whilst there looks like plenty of cctv cameras in the car park we were told by staff that most don’t work. And it’s poorly lit. Giving the impression that the hotel car park
Was targeted for this reason.
We have stayed before and up until then we had a lovely time and stay. But this left a bad taste in the mouth and as such we won’t be going back to this hotel if they can not have a duty of care to try and keep your car safe while you stay and enjoy yourself.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Hellabyhall, General Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you for your time to pass your feedback from your stay.

I have spoken to you personally over this, and as discussed, our policy remains as all other hotels, shopping centres parking rules etc.

I do find your comments over my unsympathetic staff both untrue and inaccurate.

Our staff investigated the incident when it happened, we did call the police twice for you, once on the evening and then again the following morning, you asked for some form of discount as you felt we should have, and my colleague did give you something as a gesture and also allowed a late check out for you while waiting for the police, i have also spent some time with the police looking at the CCTV footage, so for your feedback to say that was not the case.

We have CCTV in our car park and our night porters do 3 car park walk rounds, we also have a refurbishment moving forward to upgrade our camera system and also the already adequate lighting.

Once again, We are sorry for what happened, it is not a nice thing to happen, and we hope you may see fit to use us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Plus point:
Nice entrance and reception
Overall feel of hotel very welcoming
Bad points:
Arrived 5.30 to check in all went well and easy
Was given key card for our first room all I can say was the most horrid room I’ve ever been in.
Extremely dirty, dated beds so uncomfortable and dirty sticky surfaces everywhere like old nightclubs , light fittings full of flys bath mouldy beyond belief was meant to be king size executive it had twins beds and vile!
Complained to reception after the couple in front of us also complaining also receptionist had no idea difference between twin or king size beds or believe the state of the room.
Finally given another room yet was much improved BUT upon opening the bathroom door you had to get out the room because the smell of drains was horrendous yet again headed down to reception to yet again be disbelieved by receptionist and other staff on duty finally after 15 mins the bar/night manager showed us to our third room yet again was a nice room but the smell was unbearable in bathrooms of drains or damp carpets. We refused this room and finally decided it was time to find a alternative hotel. We booked with Expedia which with them the room was slightly cheaper than hotels own website only to be told we were lying by all staff from receptionist to managers. See pics uploaded for what rooms are like
All the hassle of this hotel made us 1 and half hours late for a friends surprise birthday party we shall not be returning again there’s a lot of 3 star hotels which make this apparently 4 star hotel to shame.
We got a room in pastures hotel £30 cheaper and in our opinion 100% better

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimbob1979

Thank you for your feedback.

I am in contact with you over this, and i am sorry that we did not give you a refurbished on check in, we have a extensive refurbishment program going on with the owner of the business investing heavily, however this takes time and we have refurbished over 40% of the hotel, with the rest still of a standard until they are refurbished.

I was alarmed that the picture's you have posted, are of one room, not the rooms you have posted the other 2 rooms that you saw were both fully refurbished, so it is a shame you were not able to post the quality of those. there did seem to be a smell, but this was rectified very quickly.

However, we will take you feedback on board and we will continue to move forward in the positive manner which our reviews are telling us we are doing.

Also as I have informed you, your booking was a advanced purchase which is cheaper than a normal rate, but is non-refundable or changeable, our website has those advanced purchase prices as well, which are the same as OTA websites.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We booked my granddaughters 16 th birthday , a party of 4 .. the staff were brilliant from the moment we arrived , especially Julie in the leisure complex , couldn’t have been more welcoming and helpful very pleasant indeed, every aspect was perfect . The rooms the treatments and the restaurant... will definitely be coming again and highly recommend to others... Thank you again for making our stay so special.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.

I was thrilled to read that we met with your expectations and I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hellaby Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel could and should be lovely, but it is desperately in need of a refurb. The furniture is shabby and the carpets are worn. My room and the corridor outside had a musty smell. It’s definitely not a four star.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Hellabyhall, General Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

We do have a extensive refurbishment programme ongoing and we have refurbished over 40% of our rooms and our owner is investing more into all aspects of the hotel.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me directly

blair@hellabyhallhotel.co.uk

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, in good condition.
Staff are friendly and polite.
Unfortunately we arrived late and had to leave early so didn’t get a chance to have a dip in the pool. Looked great though.
Overall s noce place to stay.
Thanks

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit.