All reviews the river conwy valley for sunday lunch beef north wales welsh breakfast first class fantastic views shoe cleaner every week memory foam bed amazing service cooked to perfection his wife comfy bed the ground floor on arrival
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We recently checked in to this hotel for 2 evenings to meet up with friends who have stayed in the hotel previously. It is delightful, we had a gorgeous room overlooking the river. Service was first class as was the food, lovely choice and very well presented.
We hope to return again to enjoy this gorgeous part.of Wales and enjoy a comfortable stay in this delightful hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a river view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Spent weekend here with niece Kathryn and great niece Emma. Wonderful company wonderful food and service. All staff treated us like family. Thankyou to all for making our stay special. See you next year.

Room Tip: All roooms comfy and have excellent views.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christineberry
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were looking for a new lace to dine and found the Princes Arms online. It looked most interesting. Firstly I emailed to check parking as my wife and I were taking to elderly ladies with us. They replied to the positive. So we booked our table. On arrival we were greeted and shown to our table and drinks were ordered. I must say my Guinness was in excellent condition.
There was no rush to order, so we chatted enjoying the lovely surroundings, table setting was nicely done. When the food came it looked as good as it tasted. My wife had Smoked Haddock with a Welsh Rarebit topping, mum had roast lamb and her friend had cod with an onion mash, a good bowl of chips arrived along with a dish of veg consisting of parsnip, carrot and green beans. I ordered a sirloin steak rare.
Everything was beautifully cooked and we all really enjoyed our food. For sweet mum had a raspberry brulee that came with a sugar basket over the top, it looked delightful. I had the Cointreau ice cream served with chantilly cream and chocolate sauce. We only ordered 2 sweets. We had a chilean Cabinet Sauvignon which was served at just the right temperature.
Service was good and very friendly but not obtrusive.
To sum up a 5 star dining experience!! I would certainly recommend the Princes Arms, so much better than some of the new Bistro type pubs that have sprung up.

Room Tip: We would actually return and stay for a weekend even though we live about 30 mins drive away.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017

It's two years since I reviewed Princes, and here we were again. This place is a MUST. Lindsey and his wife Anne made sure we were extremely welcome. Service is excellent, rooms have fantastic views and are equipped with all the extras (e.g. shoe cleaner) and the food is wonderful. The hotel is situated in the beautiful Conwy valley, and is excellent as a base to explore Snowdonia and the coast. We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Most rooms have views of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel at the end of July. it was well maintained, with good food and friendly staff. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to stay in the area.
Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet.
Close to Surf Snowdonia.