Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
View deal
Travelocity
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$121
Expedia.comUS$121
2,543 results
All reviews leisure facilities club room italian restaurant sky tv lovely hotel great facilities port sunlight self service would stay again food was lovely excellent value for money evening meal one night stay steam room gym wirral starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2021

Where to start -

1. A phone call days before telling us that despite prepayment for food you'll starve on Xmas day. This went down well.

2. Ordering food to the room meant navigation of the worst website / staff experience ever. The site doesn't know about any credit and the staff don't know how to apply it either. That's if the cooks hadn't gone home early and nobody knows how a microwave works.

3. Incompetent, untrained staff that cannot work as a team, one screamed at my wife to stand in an unlit section of the foyer and then ignored her completely as did the other staff around who were clockwatching to go home.

In the end I gave up. Completely. it's not my place to suggest how the staff shoud use common sense to work around their systems, how to engage with customers when issues arise or suggest solutions. I'm having a break from work, not applying for a management role!

On the plus the rooms were clean. (apart from the mouldy windows) Take your own pillows, theirs are made of concrete!

We booked this at the start of lockdown when hotels were screaming about bankruptcy. Wish I had kept my money in my pocket. I didn't sleep properly, stressful dealing with the staff and the food wasn't brilliant but the portions were good.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter Thomson, General Manager at Village Hotel Wirral, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2021

Dear Roy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was very sorry to read that your experience was not as anticipated, although I do feel it only fair to add that this was certainly not the impression you gave me when I spoke to you on the telephone and as you were made fully aware before arrival, we had been placed under much tighter lockdown restrictions.

I have e-mailed you directly in response to your Guest Satisfaction Survey so feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss in more detail.

Reviewed 29 December 2020

Noise was unbearable. Screaming babies and parties going on. This was a shame for us as we stay in Village Hotels regularly and this one is where we got engaged. Despite complaining we were not able to move with guarantee that we would get a peaceful night anywhere else in the hotel so I spent the night with my ear phones in!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter Thomson, General Manager at Village Hotel Wirral, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was very sorry to read that your experience was not as anticipated.

Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

The village chain kindly changed our reservation 3 times due to firstly booking a wales one and with it being closed allowed me to move it to the wirral one then moved dates so with this being a gift was really great full for this.Booked a club room and although didnt feel wow when arrived it was clean and cosy.Had lovely meal in pub and breakfast the next morning.very covid secure but main thing that made this hotel great was the staff...hard working and very friendly. Receptionist,bar and waiting on staff and cleaners who helped us find our room.would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and comprehensive review, I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your gift and it was particularly pleasing to hear how well the team looked after you and that you felt safe and covid secure.

Thank you for choosing the Village Hotel Wirral and on behalf of the team and I, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2020

Fantastic value for money and relaxing night away from it all and only niggle was waiting 35 mins to get drink and order our meal ! Really clean , pool excellent and enjoyed using a gym again . Good value for money

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay but was sorry to hear about the issue with the food order times in the Pub & Grill.

I hope this wouldn't put you off staying with us again when things have settled down a bit and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Village Hotel Wirral.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

It was my wife's birthday during our stay. The staff were excellent throughout, in particular a lady called Michelle (we think) on reception. She really was amazing and went above and beyond. Pleased pass on our thanks. You make my wife's birthday amazing

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Peter Thomson, General Manager at Village Hotel Wirral, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed
your wife's birthday stay and it's always so pleasing to read about the team going above and beyond for our guests.