“Excellent - a hidden gem !”
Review of Stones

Stones
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Heswall
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I live in Portugal and occasionally come to Heswall to visit friends and family.

I've been to Stones on two occasions for late breakfast. I have been highly impressed on both occasions. The service is very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for the staff.

Breakfast is freshly prepared and nothing short of excellent. I am looking forward to trying the lunch menu in the near future.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 21 April 2016

My daughter and I went here for lunch on a Monday and how glad we were that we had booked as our table was the only one available.The place was full and we know why,
The food was delicious well presented and served.The lady who served us was the owner and was very friendly.We will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Food and service both excellent and efficient. Friendly, pleasant staff. Great lunch with lovely surroundings.

Thanks Jane

Kim and Beryl

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

I am a regular at Stones and have loved it from the first time I visited with a friend. Service and food always of a high standard. Recently I hired it out for my 40th birthday. Jane was amazing - she couldn't have done more to cater for various dietary needs within the group. She made the whole evening very relaxing. Everyone who came has commented on how delicious the food was.

Excellent place. One of my favourites on the Wirral.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

My colleagues and I visited before Christmas and were very much looking forward to it, however NEVER AGAIN...

We arrived, were seated at our reserved table and then we waited, and waited and waited to be served by the Owner who was well aware that we were there as she'd shown us to our table! She was extremely curt, and it was obvious from her actions that she had other customers that she considered her priority even though they arrived quite some time after us!

We had 1 1/2 hrs for lunch which should have been more than sufficient given that it was only afternoon tea. We had phoned beforehand to confirm the table and to mention that given we only had an hour and a half and could we pre-order, the rude toned response was 'no' they could not prepare sandwiches before our arrival.

Finally our food arrived after having waited almost an hour. The stands that afternoon tea were served on were covered in a layer of visible dust, hardly appetizing, sandwiches were nothing special and neither were the cakes! Quite a disappointment and wasted money was the view of the 4 of us - we would not return even if it was complimentary!

Avoid, avoid, avoid :-(