All reviews coach house main building courtroom suite superior room comfortable hotel outdoor pool scallops one night stay leather sofas busy road cooked to perfection sunday lunch port isaac booked a table lovely garden breakfast was excellent poached eggs
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We booked here for one night thinking we may stay an extra night if we liked it. Looks quaint from outside and yes it’s quite compact inside but that’s what we expected BUT not the standard of maintenance. The bathroom was ancient with a shower cubicle with pull back curtain revealing mould in the grout so we opted for washdowns instead. Not ideal. The ceiling in the bedroom was so low my husband who is 6ft was walking around like an extra from Planet of the Apes! Bed very comfortable though and double glazed sliding screen across window was sufficient. Lighting! Lighting! Please will hotels think about lighting. You can’t see a thing at the dressing table to apply make up or dry hair. One socket by dressing table which a small ineffective lamp was plugged into, and what little light it gave I needed so couldn’t plug the hair dryer in. Had to plug across the room and from a distance dry hair. Not a happy bunny lol. Plenty of sockets the other side of the room though I must say. Staff were friendly but NOT the owner. He didn’t give eye contact and just grunted replies to our efforts to converse. Strange indeed! Main receptionist was lovely and breath of fresh air. We had a meal there and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The chef/chefs wouldn’t be out of place in a 5* Hotel in London! I was intrigued about the pool. It look welcoming in the pictures. Now, we have had a prolonged heatwave this summer so I thought this would be in full swing, picturing everything pristine and clipped to perfection looking inviting....scrap that! Try over grown, untidy, uninviting and totally neglected. I should have taken pictures if only to show you but I was too shocked to think of it sorry. You will just have to trust me here. We did however have a lovely chat after dinner with other friendly guests so that was enjoyable. We didn’t stay another night! Overall I can’t recommend this hotel. It needs some TLC to bring up the standard first.

Room Tip: There is a separate building across the car park that is possibly more modern so request you stay in there.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Good points - Great location, swimming pool for warm weather, tips on the local area provided, incredibly comfy bed, ample parking, friendly staff.

Downsides - The Lanhydrock room is there most expensive room but compared to other hotels I have stayed in of a similar price, it certainly fell short. The bathroom is tired and the shower isn't great. A better hairdryer is needed and the range and standard of toiletries provided could be improved. As the restaurant has received awards, I was really looking forward to breakfast but was disappointed. Very limited range of cereals and fruit and from concentrate juice on offer. Service was slow and incorrect although the issue was rectified. The hot food was average.

This could be a really lovely hotel if they lowered the price (perhaps £80) or did some redecorating and improved the breakfast.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
trehellas, Owner at Trehellas House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Thank you for your comments. Most clients these days bring there own toiletries we leave complementary Moulton Brown products in the room. Unfortunately on pricing the Travel inn up the road is £130 + breakfast, Which offer sterile atmosphere, toiletries stuck to the wall and a very plastic breakfast, But lots of people like them. as lots of people love us.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Decided to call in for lunch today and we were very pleased that we did. We hadn't booked (advisable to book) but we were seated quickly and the meal arrived promptly and very well cooked. Very tasty and good value for money. Beautiful restaurant and gardens, there is some outdoor seating as well. We will definitely be back and if you're in the area it is well worth a visit. Friendly and efficient manager and staff.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The plan was initially to attend on business but we changed at the last minute and booked a family get away, I was going to work during the day and the family use the pool and enjoy the scenery. Unfortunately the website we used to book through did not register the kids and when we arrived there was no initial provision for the children. The staff moved things around for us and we managed to stay at this lovely place, they were incredibly helpful and assisted us fantastically. Unfortunately the weather turned so we were unable to use the facilities, but the breakfast was superb and well received.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

This was a possible complaint situation which we turned round. Thank you for giving us the credit.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We booked last minute to stay here and I'm so glad we did, in fact I ended up booking another night.
We stayed in the courtroom suite and it was great, very spacious and comfortable. The owner was very hospitable. The food in the restaurant was very high standards.
I would recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple