2,048 results
All reviewsfudgehot tubgallery restaurantroyal suitecourtyard roomfour posterwelcome drinkmain buildingbeautiful hotelsteeped in historysublime sundayon arrivalbirthday treatturn down servicecoffee machinewedding partylittle touches
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights in one of the four poster rooms to celebrate our wedding anniversary! The room was lovely; new carpet, comfy bed and had such great character! I am surprised by some of the negative reviews, although obviously didn’t stay in one of the other rooms so can’t comment on the condition of those. But I have to say we loved the hotel. It is full of character and charm. The ‘old’ historical feel is just what we were looking for. There are various rooms and cosy corners to sit and relax in. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. And to sit and overlook the great hall while eating was a plus!!

We enjoyed full use of the spa and found it to be very relaxing!

All the staff we encountered were friendly, polite and professional. Honestly I can not fault our stay and it was hard to leave... it might not be the cheapest place to stay in, but we feel well worth what it cost us. It was a luxurious treat and one we will remember for years to come!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

My wife and I had a 3 night stay here. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we were made to feel very welcome. We had a spa treatment with a 1 hr massage, it was very relaxing. We had many hours relaxing in the sun outside the spa and felt great once we had completed our stay.

Room Tip: With all the warm weather we've had of late, make sure you have a fan in your room as there is no aircon.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This hotel was excellent set in lovely grounds Sevice was exceptional nothing was too much trouble. We had breakfast in the gallery each morning in the main hall and the food and sevice was very good. Our room looked over the Court yard gardens again there were concerns wonderful room. I can say it’s one of the best I’ve stayed in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Such a lovely time here! Staff were very accommodating & surroundings were absolutely beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble & the facilities were fantastic; brilliant spa, great service & fantastic room. Would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a luxe break

Room Tip: Definitely go B&B at the bare minimum - the food was fabulous
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amber E, Manager at Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear nataliekimdobson,

What a lovely review to read! Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback. The Gaia Spa is a fantastic addition to the hotel, I'm so happy to hear that it is being enjoyed by our guests. All of our teams are trained to the highest standards, its wonderful to know that this is being shown.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Becca Battersby
Reception Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My husband brought me here for an anniversary treat and, my goodness, what a wonderful place!

We had the Royal Suite, which was beautiful and came with a private hot tub on the rooftop balcony. The room was gorgeous and filled with little luxuries which made it all the more special: handmade chocolates, complimentary champagne, local fudge, turn-down service. Just fabulous.

In the evening we dined in the restaurant and had the seven course taster menu with wine flight: it was fabulous - the Chef is a genius and the service was beyond compare.

Breakfast was brought to our suite in the morning and the selection was excellent. There were only a couple of little flaws with the room: the mini fridge wasn’t working properly and the water pressure was low but these issues were dealt with professionally and promptly by staff.

We visited the spa on our second day and it was not only beautiful but also well-equipped and relaxing.

In short, I cannot recommend Boringdon Hall too much. The staff are excellent, well-trained, professional and polite; the grounds are beautiful, the rooms superb and every possible indulgence is catered for; the restaurant is a delight and the spa superb. We will definitely be back - possibly at Christmas. Thank you all so much!

Dear Kelly C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. The Royal Suite is a beautiful room, I'm so happy to know that its being enjoyed by our guests.

I will feedback to Scott, our head chef, your kind words about his menu. I'm sorry to hear that there were a few issues during your stay but pleased to know that they were dealt with promptly by the team.

The Gaia Spa is a wonderful addition to the hotel, its lovely to know that this is being enjoyed by our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon - hopefully at Christmas!

Kindest Regards,