All reviews galway city tennis courts leisure centre games room the outdoor hot tub gallery restaurant turn down service sea view an upgrade lovely hotel superior room bar food steam room relaxing break overlooking galway bay brown bread each evening
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed at this hotel for two nights as part of an Insight Vacations tour. We were offered a tired run down view looking over the car park ashfalt. To their credit when we complained about the lack of view we were given another room which did have good Atlantic views.

This is not a 4 star property and I’m perplexed why Insight use this hotel. The place needs considerable refurbishment. The first morning of our stay we had no hot water for the shower. We were told by reception that there was a problem with the boiler.

Food is average and the lack of a lift means you’re lugging around heavy bags. Not on my return list.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia082017
MichealL124, Manager at Connemara Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Sylvia082017,

I am sorry to read about your review from your stay with us. It is very disappointing to know you did not enjoy the stay. We strive very hard to ensure all guests are looked after, and on this occasion we have let you down. I am glad that we were able to offer an alternative room. Not all of our room categories are bookable with a sea view, so glad to see we did that for you. The hotel was recently bought, and indeed there are plans to do refurbishment, and we are continually doing repairs and maintenance work on the hotel. I am sorry there was an issue with the boiler, this has been rectified and apologies that it caused you discomfort. We have porters on hand to offer help with luggage, so that no guest should have to take heavy bags. I am sorry that this was not offered to you, as it is done with any tour group and indeed anybody who would like assistance - to make up for the lack of a lift. We are on hand to help. I do hope you plan to return along the Wild Atlantic Way and visit us here, as we would welcome anyone to have an enjoyable stay. If i can assist any further, please let me know.

Best Regards,
micheal.lynch@connemaracoast.ie

Reviewed 13 September 2018

This is a charming, old-style hotel, with comfortable rooms and stunning views out over the Atlantic. Also, an outdoor hot tub with an incredible view. But what made my stay really wonderful was the fantastic staff, in every area of the hotel - so warm, friendly and exceptionally helpful. I'm so happy to have chosen this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MichealL124, Manager at Connemara Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Tania H,

Thank you for your review from your stay with us here recently. I am delighted to read your lovely comments regarding the hotel and the staff. I do hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

I stayed over to visit my son in the Gaeltacht. I had a single room booked which was clean and fully air conditioned. I asked for a larger room as my son wished to stay over and I was given a poky room near reception without any air conditioning. This was on one of the hottest days of the year. I had to open my room door and window in order to circulate a draft. I awoke to the smell of burning turf and when I went to reception to sort out my bill and breakfast I was told by the lady in reception breakfast was not available until 7.30 even though a party of Americans were being served breakfast at 7pm.To be fair the chef overruled the lady in reception and I had breakfast. I was given a bill which was higher than it should have been standard room with surcharge. When I queried the bill it was changed to a smaller amount.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank healybe

Dear healybe,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry to read about the review you posted. I did contact you about your stay afterwards to go through your comments. I do hope that you will return to the hotel, and please contact me directly should I be of assistance to you.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Loved our stay at the hotel. Abraham was a joy. This post is required to be 200 characters so I’ll talk more about how great Abraham is. So handsome. A buffet of manliness. Kind. Humorous. Cunning. Intelligent. Well traveled.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Matthew W

Dear Matthew W,

Thanks for the lovely review from your stay with us here at The Connemara Coast Hotel. Thanks for the nice comments and mention of Abraham. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Check in was a breeze. Had a wonderful stay. Room was lovely. Shower was great. Great views from the dining room. Abraham at the bar was awesome. We hope to return soon to see Abraham! Conomara Coast <3

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank larahilly

Dear larahilly,

Thanks for your great review and your comments about Abraham - he will be delighted to hear this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the coast again soon.