4 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$321
2,017 results
All reviews orient express pullman restaurant oak cellar bar lough corrib hole golf course beautiful hotel five star hotel galway city from start to finish beautiful room top class scones two night stay following morning falconry experience french room sandra
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2022 via mobile

Gorgeous location with scenic views of Lough Corrib, attentive and friendly staff, wonderful food (the breakfast was divine). As for the bedroom, it was perfect: I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud! I wish I didn't have to leave when it came time to check out! A truly wonderful stay, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 657se_nk
Reviewed 31 July 2022 via mobile

We had so much hope for this hotel. Yes, it is a beautiful hotel with spacious grounds. The Pullman restaurant is top notch, and the landscaping is nicely done. The hotel itself would earn 5/5 for beauty.

However, I took off two bubbles for two reasons. One- the large one. I had specifically emailed more than 6 months earlier when I booked, asked which rooms had bath tubs. When we booked our stays, we were doing a special trip and I planned on soaking in tubs each night. A response was given that two room types had tubs. I confirmed that I would get a tub if I booked this room. Once we arrived, we went to our room, which was very small and had no tub. We immediately spoke to the reception staff, who said they were full. Long story short, we did get moved the next day into a larger room and with a bath.

Note that both rooms were the exact same category- Corrib Deluxe, and pictures show the larger room, but you might get one that is way smaller. They can’t guarantee a bath (however in my case I was specifically told the room would have one). We switched rooms one day into the visit, which was stressful since we could not unpacking knowing we would be repacking soon after. Corrib rooms are only for the Corrib view- nothing else, so know this.

The other ding was that for a five star hotel, there is some lack of attention to detail. The light post by the stairs when you enter are full of cobwebs and when I ate breakfast, there was a dead fly at the table (and two more in the drapes directly next to where we ate). A simple cleaning every so often would fix both of these and keep up the expectation of attention to details.

I did enjoy my stay and using the bikes around the property. As well, yea time was lovely. The location was too far to walk to restaurants and stores, but it was a nice hotel.

Room tip: Corrib is only for the view- not a fancier room. Not all rooms have bath tubs.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank zeppgirl
Ronan O'Halloran, General Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2022

Dear zeppgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review online after your recent visit. I am most disappointed to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay in Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate. On behalf of the entire team and management I want to apologise for the short comings you have experienced.
I have shared your feedback with our management team, and you can rest assured that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure an immediate improvement is made in these areas, namely our room allocation process and our public area cleanliness.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 30 July 2022

Lovely setting with finely appointed rooms but the restaurants need some work from both a quality and service basis. Upon checkout staff asked how we enjoyed our stay. When I explained the service and quality issues, she rudely argued with me and questioned the truth of my service complaint. It ruined our impression of Glenlo Abbey.

1  Thank J4940RQellenh

Dear Ellen H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review online after your recent visit to Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate. I am most disappointed to learn that you did not fully enjoy your stay. On behalf of the team and management I want to apologise for the service short comings you experienced during your stay. I am aware you have spoken with one of my Senior Managers since departure, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2022

Our experience at GlenLo Abbey was definitely memorable. The first encounter with the doorman, Troy (who hails from Salt Lake City, UT) , was a sign that our stay would be wonderful. Troy was extremely warm and friendly.

Our stay was memorable bc we had a medical situation that put us in a challenging spot. Troy went above and beyond to help us and the hotel staff was nothing but accommodating. We will always remember the kind hospitality of the GlenLo Abbey and the wonderful accommodations here. The grounds were beautiful and we hope to go back.

Date of stay: July 2022
Ronan O'Halloran, General Manager at Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2022

Dear stephaniejX541UU,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review online after your recent visit to Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate. I am delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Thank you in particular for your kind comments on Troy, I know he will be thrilled to see your feedback. I do hope you have made a full recover and were able to enjoy the rest of your visit.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Galway at some future date.

Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

Lets start with that we are hotel snobs and have stayed at some of the finest hotels. I do over 120 a year in hotels for the last 15 years so I know hotels. This place is outstanding. It has a warm elegant feel with wonderful rooms. We did not dine in the fine dining but we did have and meal in the Grill and found it very good. Breakfast is very good and has plenty of choices. Kudos goes to Troy and Michael. They are so much of the personality of the location and do everything from Concierge to bell service. Over the top helpful and they make everyone feel like a personal friend and welcomed.

As for the rooms they are very nice with great beds, pillows, showers and bathrooms. As for those people with one and two star rates please note that most of them are petty and mad about one small item. This place is outstanding.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mirgons

Dear Mirgons,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review online after your recent visit to Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate. I am delighted to see that you have thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Thank you in particular for your kind comments on Troy and Michael. I know both gentlemen, will be truly thrilled to see your comments. I do hope it won't be long before we have an opportunity to welcome you back to Galway.