1,090 results
All reviews afternoon tea the main house beautiful hotel lovely grounds exclusive use four poster extensive grounds manor house wedding venue wedding breakfast handpicked hotels country hotel a la carte menu cream tea scones enjoyable stay wedding reception
Reviewed 4 December 2015

We booked the Sunday Night Club offer as it was my birthday treat. On arrival we were warmly greeted at reception and to my surprise and delight the young man on duty upgraded us to the Regency Room in the main house, beautiful! All the staff were very polite and helpful, the food was truly amazing. We really enjoyed the Cream Tea and our evening meal in the sumptuous surroundings of the dining room. For dessert I had the cheese board. When I asked where abouts in Kent the blue cheese came from, the young waiter rushed to the kitchen and told me that it was made in Goudhurst. My husband and I will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for the wonderful review. The team clearly ensured that your stay was a enjoyable one and I will be sure to share your comments with them. We all hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Top Class stay at this lovely hotel, all the staff very professional and helpful.
Stayed to celebrate my partners birthday and was surprised with a proposal !

Was perfect to celebrate our engagement ! all the staff lovely when they had heard our news and a bottle of bubbly left in our room when we returned from dinner was a fabulous surprise.

Food in the restaurant was very good and waiting staff friendly and professional.
Front Reception very well run, nothing too much trouble.

We will be returning !

Room Tip: Stayed in the Reynols Room - bathroom each - lovely !
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your very kind words, I am really pleased that your stay was an enjoyable one. Congratulations to you and your partner on your engagement!. The team and I hope that you choose to return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

The overnight experience could not have been better. From the very warm welcome effortless check in, fantastic dinner, to the great period bedroom. The staff were very attentive. My wife felt very spoilt on her special day

Room Tip: Regency room part of the main building with good views of the garden
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay on the special occasion of your wife's birthday and that the team looked after you so well.
I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2015

We booked a overnight stay as a complete rest and relaxation with all the trimmings (Mother and Daughter) we had an amazing room (oriential) which overlooked the lake, shame it rained almost all the time we were there so we couldnt walk in the grounds, altho there were wellies and umbrellas in the hall that you could use.
We arrived around 3pm and were shown to our room where champagne was on ice also two lovely strawberry tarts, so many beautiful things to look at in the room, we then went downstairs to the lounge and had a coffee, again so much to look at.
Dinner was first class, such choice of several different menu's, we took the champagne from the room down to dinner with us. After coffee and cocktails we staggered back to our room and settled down.
We did have a slight problem with a very noisy towel rail which we could not turn off. However a quick call to reception and it was all resolved.
Breakfast once again was first class with an amazing choice.Would recommend staying here, cant wait to go again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
ManagerCPH, General Manager at Chilston Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one despite the weather and apologies once again for the noisy towel rail! I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future, hopefully when the sun is shining!

Reviewed 26 November 2015

My son and Daughter in law held their wedding here November 21st 2015, it was one of the most amazing days and made even more so by this fantastic venue and it's ever helpful staff. I would highly recommend Chilston, it was a special day and it was made special for everyone that attended by the hotel and the amazing people that work there. The hotel itself is totally out of this world, the rooms were fabulous as was the food and even the greatest effort was put in at breakfast. Great day had by all :)

Room Tip: Queen Anne suite, just amazing! :)

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments, I am delighted that your son and daughter in law's special day was such an enjoyable one for all who attended. The team clearly pulled out all the stops to ensure a successful event was carried off in style and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them along with my own thanks.