All reviews the pub walk in shower robes and slippers booked a table main road steak sunday lunch generous portions sea bass up to date huge bathroom great shower bus stop comfortable stay cooked to perfection little things amazing food
Reviewed 7 December 2015

My partner and I stayed at the Northey Arms for a night between a two day trip to Bath. We had long days planned so booked a table for dinner at the Northey as well. When we arrived we were greeted by Michael who was very friendly, and showed us to our room. The room itself was great - it was within the newly converted station house and was finished to a very good standard. There was plenty of space and all the amenities you would need, add to this the lovely furnishings and we were very impressed with our stay. Our evening meal was also excellent, again we were served by Michael and a number of waitresses, all of whom were polite and friendly. The quality of the food was very good, and I can highly recommend the fillet steak! There was plenty to chose from at breakfast the following morning, with a few options from a buffet, but the majority made to order. We certainly won't be hesitating to come back to the Northey Arms.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2015

I am a keen "Foodie" and often eat out twice a week. Having eaten at some of the countries top restaurants I know a good meal when I have one.. I live a 20 min drive away and there are many good restaurants in the area how ever "The Northey" is the only one that has never let me down.. Very Helpful Staff, Great Wine List ,Brilliant Food and good value for money. If your heading there this month i would highly recomend the venison its Stunning. Glad its on my doorstep :-)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Having driven over 200 miles and experienced shopping in a very busy Bath we were looking forward to our stay at the Northey Arms, especially having read the reviews.
We were shown to room 3 which in one word was very small and disgusting. There is no privacy, toilet is in a very small cubicle and the shower is directly across from the toilet cubicle in the bedroom.
There was mildew in the corner of the room and it stank of damp, it wasn't the cleanest.
We went to complain and ask to be moved but there was no other rooms available. The manager came and advised the difference between a superior and executive room which is NOT how booking.com illustrated!
He clearly has a problem with his sense of smell as he couldn't smell the damp but just about managed to see the mildew!!!
We got in the car and drove the 200 miles home. The new rooms may be great but room 3 is appalling. For £140 I've stayed in. 5 star beautiful hotel in London by St Paul's. I understand it's normally £160!!!!
Sadly we didn't stay long enough for the restaurant meal we had booked but regardless of how good we couldn't have stayed in room 3.
We won't be back nor would we ever recommend this overpriced hovel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2015

This hotel has some years ago been refurbished to create 5 boutique styly double rooms. With clean towels and comfy fresh bed linen, great shower ensuite and superb breakfast the stay was good value arranged via booking.com. Sadly the establishment is now in need of an update and propef ventilation in the room. General cleaning was OK but could have been better and at least clean the long standing mildew from the damp windows would have shown the slight lack of attention to detail to make it trily worthy of the AA 5 star rating.

Room tip: There are only 5 rooms either road or rail side.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neal W
Reviewed 19 November 2015

We stopped in for dinner, well met by the host with a good beer and standard soft drink for my wife. We waited, our choice, before sitting down in a nicely decorated and spacious dining room, not full but a decent buzz of chat. Menus came, but no wine list. We ordered our meals and had to ask for the wine list which, when it came, was comprehensive and reasonably priced.
Our food order was taken by a pleasant young man who had a kitchen towel trailing from his pocket, wine came soon after and was excellent!
Our starter came with a few minutes between them, fortunately my wife had ordered a cold one so was prepared to wait for me. When it came it was hot and full of flavour.
Main courses came in due course and were absolutely fine, after which we declined dessert but, after some waiting we were able to order coffee. First bill was incorrect (by almost £40.00) but second was right.
In summary, food was excellent served by pleasant staff but the attention to detail was lacking. Starters should have come out together, we should not have to wait for a wine list which should be provided with the menus. Customers should not have to go to the bar to order coffee, this was due to staff coming from the kitchen, through the dining room without looking around to see if anyone needed assistance.
Staff should ensure the bill is correct before presenting it to the customer!
Despite what appears to be a list of complaints, the food was very good and I would have no hesitation returning to The Northey to give it another go!

Date of stay: November 2015