All reviews afternoon tea wedding venue garden room scones the main house perfect wedding day wedding breakfast exclusive use bride and groom wedding coordinator lovely evening eggs benedict cream tea sitting area beef an overnight stay bridal suite
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Absolutely fabulous food, couldn't fault it. Have been several times previously and food was as wonderful as ever.
My main dissapointment was that the restaurant was closed off and decorated ready for a wedding. We were later told that it is no longer used as a restaurant because people don't really use it. I found that rather odd as I was using it and was paying for what I thought was a lovely evening in a first class restaurant. I was not concerned that we might be the only people in. I was booking, I thought, an experience I had had many times before. However we were seated in the lounge area which had been turned into an eating area stroke lounge. Seven small tables huddled together with sofas huddled together at the other end.
Thankfully we were the only ones eating otherwise it would have been very uncomfortable as everyone would have been listening to each other's conversation.
On asking why the changes we were told by the girl serving us that the main restaurant is now a wedding venue and set out as such for people to view. And that it was done to save them having to keep changing things and moving furniture for weddings. I wish I'd been told that upon booking. It is lovely sitting in the main restaurant eating lovely food and bring waited in professionally regardless of how many people are booked in. HOWEVER we were shoved into a makeshift dining area in what used to be a lovely lounge.
We still paid restaurant price and ordered from restaurant menu but felt as if we had booked a meal at a b&b.
Also although the girl working there was pleasant she was going about her chores as she was the only one working that evening. Setting tables for breakfast and generally not making our pleasant evening out a very relaxed pleasant one.
She also informed us that it was a new general manager and most of the old staff had left also to work with previous manager.
I'd have a rethink before you book if you have been before because it certainly isn't what I was expecting. Although the food is second to none.
I'd return in a heartbeat if I was being sitted in the main restaurant and being served by an attentive waiter rather than someone serving us, cleaning and doing chores all at the same time!.
What a shame.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
HG_General_Manager, General Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear mississippi3

Firstly it is good to hear you enjoyed your food during your evening, I am sure my Head Chef and Kitchen Team will be delighted.

I am however a little disappointed at your comments towards our restaurant and although you are very much entitled to your view, I do feel I need to justify some of the points.

Firstly our dinning room was indeed moved into the smaller lounge area not to save moving furniture as suggested, this decisions was actually taken due to the fact Horton Grange is a very popular wedding venue and to allow potential Brides and Grooms to see the venue in its full glory.

We do feel the new dinning experience is far more suited to create an intimate and relaxed dinning experience for our midweek custom with its two open fires helping to create a very relaxed experience.

We decided to leave the sofas in one side of the room as some of our guests prefer to have afternoon tea on a soft comfy sofa rather than a high back dinning chair. I fully understand this is personal preference however feedback towards moving the dinning room has been very well received.

We do still offer the larger dinning room as private hire and we often serve Sunday lunch in there, however as stated above we do feel the smaller more intimate dinning room is far more suited to our mid week custom.

I would like to point out only two members of staff have followed the previous General Manager and not most of the team as you suggest.

I apologise if the staff member was not attentive during your evening, I will discuss this with the member involved as this is certainly not the kind of service we pride ourselves on.

It would have been nice to have discussed the issues you experienced in a far less public forum however you are certainly entitled to your opinion therefore thank you for your review.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to have the perfect wedding day here, fourteen years ago. We've been back back to stay a couple of times now and I'm very pleased to say that little has changed...
Very friendly, professional and helpful staff; gorgeous food; opulent rooms and gorgeous grounds.
We'll definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
HG_General_Manager, General Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear johnny m

Thank you for your review, Its good to hear after fourteen years Horton Grange still has a special place in your heart.

I am sure I speak for all at Horton Grange when I say we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Me and my new husband can't thank Horton Grange enough. They simply made it the best day ever.

Leading up to the wedding, Emma was extremely attentive, catering to our every need without wasting any time. She was great! The package offered is very flexible, allowing us to change our reception drinks and allow to options for each dinner course.

On the day, the organisation showed by Glenn and the staff allowed all of us to relax, and enjoy the day.

The grounds are superb and we got some fantastic pictures.

Food was amazing. I was concerned that it wouldn't be as good as the tasting day we had, but I was proved wrong!

Best nights sleep I have had in ages, and the breakfast was great. From full english, to eggs Benedict and scones.

It was perfect all around.

Thank you wholeheartedly!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexandra w

Dear Alexandra W

Its great to hear Emma was extremely attentive in the build up to your special day as well as making sure the package was perfect for you.

Fantastic news to hear Glenn and the team looked after you so well allowing you to relax and enjoy the day.

Finally its great to hear the food was amazing, I will certainly pass on your comments to all involved.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I cannot thank the staff at Horton Grange enough for the superior planning and execution of our wedding yesterday. Emma and Glen, you felt like part of our day. The evening staff also couldn’t do enough for us and for our guests. Thank you!!
The venue was beautiful, the food DEVINE and our wedding could not have gone smoother. Our guests were thrilled and delighted with the hospitality of the staff and the entire Horton Grange Experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
HG_General_Manager, General Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear K539LNsharonc

Well what can I say, it certainly sounds as though the whole team done Horton Grange proud during your special day.

Both Emma and Glenn will be delighted with such feedback and its great to know they looked after you so well.

I know our Kitchen team will also be thrilled with your glowing feedback regarding our food.

Its great to hear Horton Grange was a beautiful venue for your special day, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We came to Horton Grange for my Father's wedding ceremony on the 17/08 and aside from compliments about the happy couple everyone that was present including people from Scotland and Canada were remarking on how brilliant the place was. The food was perfect, the drinks were lovely and the staff were friendly and great fun all night 10/10 would defiently go again for any ceremony.

I'd also like to give a personal shout out to Emily and Roxxy who were working behind the bar for being fantastic, friendly and attentive throughout the night, although I do apologise for taking up all of your night talking. :,)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear ahudson9351

It certainly sounds as though a great day was had by all and its good to hear the team exceeded expectations.

I will pass on your very kind words to Emily and Roxxy for being so friendly and attentive throughout the evening.

Its also fantastic to hear the food was perfect, I know the Kitchen Team will be delighted with such feedback.

Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.