“2 night stay D B&B”

The Hollies Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Martock
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Description: Vibrant & upscale bar restaurant & wine terrace Set within a 400 year old building with open fires, beams & slate floors. Modern English menu. 50 carefully selected wines.
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Stayed here very recently in a suite with excellent facilities on ground floor. This hotel and restaurant is very friendly, with staff going out of their way to assist, inform and make your stay comfortable. The food was just lovely at every meal. The locality had a super rural feeling with easy access to major roads. All in all the stay at this hotel was well worth the experience and will be visited again.

The-Hollies-Hotel, General Manager at The Hollies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for such a lovely review, we certainly hope to welcome you back when next in the area.
We will pass your kind comments onto our staff.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Visted the Hollies last Saturday with some family from Reading, they stayed in the hotel and loved it, they have stayed here twice now in the past six months, our waitress was an Amercian lady, didn't get her name, she was lovely, very friendy and attentive, the food was excellent, service great, had a few drinks in the bar afterwards, staff so friendly would highly recommend and can't wait to go back

The-Hollies-Hotel, General Manager at The Hollies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for your great review.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, and to hear that our staff continue to look after our guests so well.
We hope to be of service in the future when next in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We had a family meal at The Hollies. The service and ambiance was lovely. Great service and really tasty food. I have the nicest cod loin I have ever had. Would highly recommend. A good size restaurant and for a Thursday night they were really busy. Thank you for a lovely visit.

The-Hollies-Hotel, Front Office Manager at The Hollies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thanks for such a lovely review, and delighted that the food & service met your expectations. We are planning a refurbishment of the restaurant before Christmas. It will still retain the ambiance, just a little more modern and fresh.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We've not been here for the best part of 30 years, and were pleased to see that the food, staff and surroundings are still the same. The quality values they hold haven’t changed in the years. The food is still the home-cooked style with good quality ingredients, and the staff still hold the friendly, personable nature of 30 years ago.

I would recommend if you’re in the area, especially the mussels to start, and swordfish main dish.

The-Hollies-Hotel, Restaurant Manager at The Hollies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am delighted than you loved the food & staff, and we hope to see you again.
Perhaps sooner than 30 years next time.
Kind Regards, Kath Gary

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I went tonight with my wife and elderly mother for a birthday treat for me (getting old ha ha)

On arrival a great welcome and a drink in the bar which was nice and a nice choice of drinks.

Went to table the staff were great all round.

Food arrived, I had a steak and it was cooked slightly wrong and that was rectified and a 2nd sirloin arrived. To be honest it was not good at all in texture , cooked right in fairness, yep I left it and pointed out my concerns.

On the positive my wife had ribs which were lovely. My mum had scampi again very good, both complemented the food.

Staff continued to be great and apologised for the steak. Looking around other diners had steak and clearly there were no issues.

The Bill came we had a chat and my meal was removed, then a manager came over and stated that the chef had looked at my steak and agreed re texture, so hey you can't complain at that.

A chef can't be blamed for a rouge steak and others had been sold that night, which from my own observations we're fine.

So would we recommend the Hollies yes

The setting and ambience
The choice of food and the standard (yes mine I'm sure was not the norm)
The staff
When it went a bit wrong the approach of staff and the solution they gave, (doesn't happen very often in other venues we have been to )

Our recommendation is highly

Will we return definitely

The-Hollies-Hotel, Owner at The Hollies Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review, and especially for being so fair.
Unfortunately, as you have stated, it is impossible to know the texture of a steak until it is cooked & eaten. Occasionally there is one that is not up to the usual standard, and we would always replace or not charge. Thanks a million for mentioning the staff, and they did absolutely the right thing by not charging, and as a business, they are a fantastic asset.
I am delighted that you will return, and hopefully everything will be perfect next time.

Kind Regards, Tom Walsh