See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The pub is very good - and the food freshly cooked and quickly served. There are only 2 letting rooms but my one is brilliant! the bed is actually more comfortable than my one at home. Ensuing, plus a fridge, table and flat screenTV. Clean, warm, comfortable and a good price. Very happy!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Having got lost (even with sat nav) and with a nine year old demanding she would disappear without food we took a risk on a country village pub, the George.

The George is a traditional pub with traditional home cooked food, the type that comes with yummy gravy and lamb cooked to perfection. For the little ones a mini sample of the same quality food in the form of sausage and mash!

Why is my review entitled Graham though you may ask?!

Because Graham’s hospitality made our visit complete. Whilst my daughter kept forgetting his name I have not because he made us so welcome and he made my family laugh. A quality experience you may say, but I actually think that just the type of person he is.

Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on the way home and so glad we did! Super friendly bar maid and a cracking Sunday lunch. So reasonably priced as well. Already recommended it to family and we will definitely stop here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel C
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We were given a warm but rushed welcome by the barmaid on arrival. I was dissatisfied with my Sunday roast, it was swimming in water, so much so I had to tip some off my plate in order to pour the instant Gary over. We weren't asked if everything was okay, in fact whilst we were eating, the landlord promptly snatched our mustard from our table and gave it to the table behind us, when I challenged this the landlord replied " don't worry yourself, I get another' but no apology and dam right rude, it was obvious to us that only the locals are catered for? Albeit the fact we live a mile away but will never return

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Nice welcome and warm fire. specials menu was great . home cooked and great value. great place to stop midway between bristol and the south coast.
the lady behind the bar was friendly and very attentive serving at the table. the homemade cottage pie was fabulous.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family