“Perfect evening.”

Castello Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Radstock
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Reviewed 5 November 2016

The mother in law was visiting so we thought we'd try the new Italian within walking distance from home that everyone had been raving about. And it didn't take long before we discovered that everyone was right.

Staff were friendly and good at what they did (there were two biggish parties in while we were and they were dealt with incredibly well ie drinks sorted quickly and food served at the same time).

Food was fantastic I had a veggie Calzone as did my partner, daughter and mother in law had pasta. Wine was a reasonable price and the desserts were amazing and actually good value (I normally don't do desserts as it never seems worth it).

If you're thinking of going make sure you do.

5  Thank Simon B

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Staff very welcoming with very prompt service. Had lasagne which was piping hot and very tasty. The desserts sounded delicious but too full to try. Definitely glad I went and would go again. About time Radstock had a first class restaurant.

5  Thank idwa
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I would recommend this Restaurant, The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the food is excellent and truly Italian!
will be back again soon!

5  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 30 October 2016

An excellent 3 course meal on a Saturday evening in half term! When we booked for 5 at 6pm, we were told they had another booking at 8pm, but this was never a proboem. Didn't feel rushed, just good service. Would recommend the sharing antipasti starter, 3 of us shared it. My dad loved the whitebait too! Mains were delicious, as were the puddings. Food overall excellent, the bottle of Rose wine was nice, nothing special, but the staff were courteous, welcoming and attentive.

In summary a delicious meal and a locely evening out!

5  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Excellent meal with my other half last night. Booked table for 7pm, warm greeting, shown to table immediately. Pre dinner drinks were prompt, meal selection was excellent. My husband chose meatballs to start and a vegetarian calzone with goats cheese for main. I had prawns to start and was offered shell on or off, which was great as I am a messy prawn shelter! Then I had that evenings special Lamb Rump, and was asked how I wanted it Cooke! Great surprise, most places ask with beef but not lamb! Lovely!. The food was superb, could have used a spoon for the sauces with the starters! The calzone was immense and my husband lived it. My lamb was cooked just how I had added and was sumptuous! The veg were crisp and crunchy, the spinach wilted and tasty. A delight. There was a little item if theatre as one of the chefs gave a display of pizza base spinning! Weill be going again very soon.

4  Thank Joolsrowe