Lowest prices for your stay
US$56
SAVE US$9
Hotels.comUS$56
FindHotelUS$56
getaroom.comUS$64
All reviews christmas day would stay again sunday lunch bit dated course meal one night stay tea and coffee double room excellent value for money kate carvery wedding suffolk starters
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

Second visit to this hotel,it suits us fine,a bit dated but has all you need in these troubled times.
We had a limited menu for dinner but had something we liked.Breakfast is superb,two of everything its an effort to get through it all,next morning my wife and I asked for one of everything!
The guy on reception,Paul,was the general dogsbody bless him,receptionist,barman and waiter.
Rooms are dated and were chilly as no control over the heating in the rooms,great shower and an iron and hairdryer are provided.
Will stay again and special thanks to Paul who looked after us on our two night stay.

Date of stay: October 2020
Kate Sewell, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Dear Pejaye

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

It is always nice to read a nice review and I will pass on your lovely comments to Paul.

i hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2020

The place from the outside looks like a prison of some sorts and whilst the reception is fine, the staff were friendly there's a MAJOR massive issue with the building.

Every single footstep you make sets off a cacophony of creaks as the floorboards are old and knackered, if the person in the floor above me so much as shifted their feet on the floor, the entire sound went through my room.
Additionally no sound proofing whatsoever as I could hear every single word they spoke about (and they were drinking)

I just can't recommend this place as you'll never get any sleep.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear katiehF344HO

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay I will pass on your comments to the maintenance team to see if there is anything we can do regarding the noise.

Reviewed 23 September 2020

The staff at the "Best Western - Ipswich" are brilliant and will help with any issue.
The general Manager is always around and very friendly. The cooked breakfasts were superb. The room and bed were very comfortable. The location is perfect for exploring the area and this hotel provides very easy access to the major routes without any of the traffic congestion associated with staying in a city centre but you really do need to have a car to make the most of it. Huge free car park.

Nothing really not to like.

Room tip: Ground floor was good for us.
Date of stay: September 2020
Kate Sewell, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Dear JulieAllans

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here and I have passed on your lovely comments to the team.

i hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 21 September 2020

Cannot understand some of the negative reviews. We were a little apprehensive about staying in an hotel in the current climate. We needn't have worried, everything was faultless. Great location, excellent value, superb breakfasts and staff going the extra mile. We stayed for four days and would thoroughly recommend.

Room tip: Asked for a quiet room and accommodation for a dog
Date of stay: July 2020

Dear R9004FErobertb

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2020 via mobile

Have stayed here a number of times and used to enjoy it. Over the last year or so it’s really gone down hill.
Stayed here last night, was disappointed breakfast wasn’t being served even though I paid for it through Hotel.com.
Masks are required in lobby which is fine, plenty of hand sanitizer available in lobby.
Considering they had made efforts for Covid I was surprised my room was as dirty as it was, especially the bathroom.
Not exactly hotels fault but I was kept awake until nearly 5am thanks to the people above me arguing.
I would have complained at check out but desk unmanned.
Will not return again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kate Sewell, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Dear BarryG11111

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your stay with us.

We serve a full cooked Breakfast daily at the Hotel the times of which are on the card presented to you on check in there is also a note in the room on the guest info giving you the option to order a takeaway breakfast.

I apologise if you felt your room was dirty we would have quite happily moved you to another room if you had of informed us, since reading your review we have initiated a deep clean of the bathroom to make sure that it is up to the standard expected.