Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$48
Expedia.comUS$48
PricelineUS$48
TravelocityUS$48
CheapTicketsUS$48
Lol.travelUS$80
All reviews christmas day would stay again sunday lunch bit dated course meal one night stay tea and coffee double room excellent value for money kate carvery wedding suffolk starters
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last night for a charity Ball, ยฃ6,500 was raised for EACH. We had a 3 course meal followed by tea and coffee.
Food and service was amazing and staff worked hard all night. The manager was present at all times and it ran very smoothly.
The room we stayed in was so comfortable, and breakfast was lovely, fresh food being replenished frequently.
Would definitely come back again,
Beatrice at check out was fab.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2018

We stayed two nights. Difficult to find this hotel thanks to a long term diversion coming from Ipswich. The exterior as you approach looks like a factory or something other than a hotel. The receptionist was busy in an office behind the front desk arguing with a potential customer on the phone and who was obviously lost and angry en route, about how to reach the hotel. We were left to stand awaiting some attention. Two other staff passed but ignored us. We immediately noted the dirty carpet in the public areas and the dark pile fluff laying on it. Apparently it was new and according to the General Manager should not have been vacuumed. We have been told by carpet fitters that it is best to vacuum more frequently when new. Anyway it was not cleaned during our stay. The "superior" room we had booked was clean and adequate although not warm or anything special.

We had been advised by reception to get to the restaurant before 7.00pm that evening as a coach party was expected. This is a four star hotel! We went down before our 6.45pm booking. We were asked if we wanted to order drinks. My wife asked if there was a list but no, although they had chardonnay - just chardonnay! We ordered our meal and waited - and waited. The available staff attended to the coach party that had arrived and apart from one waitress coming over to ask us again if we wanted to order, we were ignored until the starter eventually arrived and much later the main course. The upper crust of my steak pie was horribly hard and I could not get a knife or fork into it. My wife's fish came without the advertised tartar sauce. My fresh fruit in a brandy snap basket turned up without the brandy snap basket. It took just on two hours to get served as the coach party was clearly more important than the few other customers, who were also distressed.

Breakfast the next morning was fine. However that evening, despite going to the restaurant at 6.25pm, the coach party got most of the attention and although the service was a bit quicker it was another sad experience. We had paid for dinner inclusive rate in advance so were a bit stuck. I asked for half a lager and got a pint. Dirty breakfast dishes were still on the ledge along the side of the restaurant. We finished the meal and went to the bar for a drink. My small whiskey was served in a not very polished but grubby half pint glass.

Breakfast the next morning was just awful. Tables were not set up with cups, saucers, knives, spoons etc. My wife had to ask for a plate at the hot food servery as did I. Customers were standing around waiting for clean items and so forth. I went to the servery to ask for a clean knife and when I got back to our table and gave it to my wife she said it was not clean and went to a table that was set up for a wedding and took a clean knife as others had done. Someone objected and complained to my wife about her behaviour and generally the whole thing was quite unpleasant - and this a four star hotel!
We asked to see the manager as we departed and although apologetic it is clear that the staff do not act as a team and are not given the necessary leadership or instilled with the service attitude that is needed. Four star it is not and I wonder whether it should even be three star. I am contacting Best Western about the review.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike W
KateS4729, General Manager at Best Western Ipswich Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Mike W

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your recent stay with us

I have this afternoon spoken with you personally on the telephone

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Canโ€™t thank Kate S and her team enough for helping me plan and host such a big event, Kate is extremely well experienced in events and nothing was to much hassle.. so much so we are hosting are next event there on the 9th of March 2019

All the feedback from my crowd ( of 400 + ) where nothing but good, no long waits at the bar.... bar staff were quick... good selection of drinks... she just did me proud, was a pleasure working with her.

Good work!

Garfie
Romeo Done

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2018

I visit this hotel on a regular basis for networking events. some of which I organise. I have been there three times in the last ten days. On each occasion, the staff have been friendly and helpful. The food has been good with eggs cooked the way we want them for breakfast. I have to contact them by phone frequentlty, and the staff is always polite and able to help. Thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Great night out with friends the hotel was Busy but staff were excellent quick at the bar so no long waiting (good price for drinks) and clearing the tables and very friendly. Definitely be going back on their next event.

Trip type: Travelled with friends