All reviews pot of tea black lab john and lucy country house lovely large room other guests breakfast was delicious minute drive red lion on arrival bed was very comfortable full english breakfast stratford upon avon ensuite hosts bedroom warwickshire
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I chose this place as I needed to work in Leamington the following day. Although it meant a 20 minute drive in, I am glad that I chose this excellent B & B.
I like peace and quiet and certainly got that in style too.
A bit off the beaten track, but in my case, worth it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TonyMMIV
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our overnight stay here - Lucy and John are very welcoming and accommodating. The house itself is beautiful, and our room was very clean and nicely decorated and had everything in it we could possibly need. Breakfast was delicious too. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 wonderful nights at this excellent B&B. It had the best of everything you would want/expect - gracious, helpful hosts, a comfortable, spacious, and well appointed room with a large, modern bath, and outstanding breakfasts. We cannot say enough about Lucy and John, from the tea upon arrival, to the engaging conversations. They had ready dining recommendations that were spot on. And the funny puppies always kept us laughing. It's a little hard to find the home, but once you are there, you may never want to leave!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Lucy H, Owner at Austons Down, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you for such a positive review. We were also very grateful for your help in rescuing John from the A46 when his old Double Six had problems with its fuel supply.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Julie and I have just stayed at Austons Down for two days during our visit around the Cotswold's. The room was extremely spacious with everything you would expect from a good quality B&B. The only downside was the quality of the broadband, but at the end of the day it worked reasonably well. Lucy, the owner, is very friendly and welcoming. In the evening, try the red Lion at Claverdon if you like good food. If you fancy fantastic fish and chips go to Nelson's at Hockley Heath (well worth the 20 minute drive).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Lucy H, Owner at Austons Down, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad we met your expectations.

Yes the broadband is a trial. We have BT Openreach in the lane at the moment laying new conduit for fibre as the old conduit has failed. Welcome to the delights of rural living!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

On arrival shown to our room by Lucy, the owner. Lovely large room with full tea making facilities. En-suite spotlessly clean and large. Lucy then made us a pot of tea and served it in the pagoda in the grounds. Great night's sleep in a very comfy bed as the room and entire house was quiet and relaxing. Choice of breakfast served at time of choice. All in all, a lovely 2 night break. Both Lucy and her husband John are very welcoming and friendly. Thankyou Lucy for sending my keys back to me which I had left in the wardrobe.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Lucy H, Owner at Austons Down, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for such a kind review.