All reviews swimming pool lovely garden four poster cooked breakfast main course spotted cow local pub christmas lunch very nice stay garden area large bathroom following morning duck staff were attentive small hotel dining room night's sleep
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Enjoyed a luncheon here with friends, who are now 'locals'. A reasonable 2 or 3 course menu: entrees of prawn and cray tail, and smoked salmon with small vegetables, were popular, and for main courses, tart and salad, haddock, pork, and minute steak. The only criticism was the pepper sauce on the steak was more like a gravy. Acceptable wine list, and a bar also available.

Room Tip: Only had luncheon, and did not stay overnight.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Stayed two nights for a large family get together with dinner. Comfortable hotel with lovely garden very close to the coast and main towns & just a few minutes walk from the centre of the village. We were very well looked after by all the staff. Our room was on the small side as mainly taken up by large bed (very comfortable) but had everything needed including invaluable fan during this summer's heatwave. I guess a fridge to keep water cold would have been nice too but always possible to get cold drink at the bar. The food was excellent ( both breakfasts - table service- and our big group dinner). Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Thank you Jill for looking after me during my stay at Angmering a few weeks ago. I loved your phrase "How you diddling" as you checked all was good,and it was. Room comfortable & clean,small clean gym & pool. Relaxed dining area with great garden. Food very good, very prompt and great wine at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2018

My aim here is to give a constructive but critical view of our experience here.
Well, like a fool I initially booked this hotel via booking.com mainly in desperation to get a room within a doable distance of the glorious Goodwood racetrack. Hard to believe I know but I didn’t pay much attention to the price (£378 for 2 night b&b) at the time. As the time got nearer to our stay I checked and horrified in desperation I rang the hotel direct, spoke to Linda who sorted it all out and resulted in a more realistic price of £208!

The room. Ironically this was room 101! Outside temperature was 30c+, the heated towel rail in the bathroom was full on, eventually found the switch to turn it off but it took hours to cool down.
We booked a twin but the room contain two small doubles virtually inches apart. We slept ok. The furniture in the room was large French style shabby chic. The wardrobe didn’t contain the usual hotel style hangars but was littered with previous clients discarded plastic hangars, some of them children’s sizes.
There were a good number of light fittings either not working or with missing lamps all together,thus exposing open fittings. This problem extended to the corridors/common areas. I will try to upload photos.

Food and staff. An excellent breakfast delivered quickly. Dinner for two on the first night was suburb. On that basis we booked for three people on the second night and again an excellent meal agreed by all three of us. The staff are excellent and deserve praise.

Room Tip: Book direct with hotel
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend, lovely little hotel with pool and beautiful garden. Room with small terrace, which was a great sun trap to sit out on at the end of the day. Cooked breakfast was lovely. Location easy for Arundel sights and walking distance to local pubs with great food.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends