Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Quiet, tranquil visit

Lovely to visit such quiet, tranquil gardens. Previous reviews have mentioned some bare borders in... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
cornishcat21
Hampshire, United Kingdom
via mobile
Parham House. An historic house which will take you back in time.

Reviewed 6 September 2021
bobM5520AH
Greater London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews walled garden long gallery well worth a visit big kitchen cakes on display on arrival top floor gift aid paintings plants gardeners cafe stately homes tea catering
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

Booked online. Lots of parking available on arrival. Very relaxing walking around garden and the house. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2021

The house is beautiful, with a really impressive collection of pictures. The Docents were all very well informed and helpful, and clearly enthusiastic about the house.
I think some parts of the garden were not quite as full on as they should have been, although this was explained (trouble with bindweed)
However, my biggest quibble, and what cut into our enjoyment was the ' catering' in the Mower Shed.
The blackboard claims a "RANGE of OPTIONS" for Gluten Free diners. This was a compete lie. There is ONE cake which is gluten free, so that can't really be described as a "range", as it is only one "Option" or perhaps 2 - take it or leave it. I left it.
They (the naked food company) were completely unapologetic about this.
Therefore, I have marked the experience down because I was hungry all afternoon - my experience was undermined by this shortsighted approach to hospitality.
I understand there is another restaurant which hasn't been open in 2021 - I completely get why. I won't be visiting again until checking the menu of this restaurant when it does open.

1  Thank NotAmusedKaliningrad
Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

Go to parham when it is open.
The tour is very good and the history is rich.
The house is in good condition and the museum in the long gallery on the top floor is very interesting.

Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

Parham is very charming and historical,. Beautiful gardens and pond. Only downside Is the dreadful Mower Shed coffee, no flavour nor strength. Pljease buy some top class coffee in and a real machine to make the cappuccinos.

1  Thank stevecR7633IA
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

We live locally and have been season ticket holders for many years. Most years we were regular visitors for a pleasant walk around the gardens. No more - we’ve been three times in the last six months. The main interest in the gardens are within the walled garden - much of these are fallow and being treated for bindweed, with much evidence of bindweed in the remaining beds. It’s just a bit of a mess which will undoubtedly take years to tackle.I don’t think I would be very happy if I’d paid for one off entry to the gardens (and I was a little surprised to hear the lady in the kiosk on our most recent visit tell the couple in front of us who wanted to pay gift aid that it’s much easier not to! Perhaps Parham doesn’t need the additional funds).

On a positive note, the catering in the garden is much improved on the poor catering that used to be in the cafe in the house. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the quality, choice, and value for money much better.

1  Thank BOBOK777
Parham_House_Gardens, Manager at Parham House & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit. If you would like to discuss your visit with us further please do contact us on manager@parhaminsussex.co.uk.