Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
View deal
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$61
All reviews executive room air con road noise dual carriageway reception staff hotel restaurant sat nav double bed diner chester holyhead costa travelodge
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2020

Large comfortable executive room. Extremely helpful and honest reception staff. I left an item of personal value and Laura and Sophie on reception went out of their way to find it and return it to me. Thank you for your help.

Room tip: Executive rooms are quite large and you can often get upgraded if you are in the points scheme.
Reviewed 19 September 2020 via mobile

Near to the main rd, and next to a costa, McDonald's and a diner.
Friendly check in and free drink for platinum members. Good covid management. Room was clean and functional with good Aircon and WiFi. Bathroom not a good design as dark when having a shower.
Beers ok price. Overall good value.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
90  Thank AdamBilgy
Reviewed 2 September 2020 via mobile

it's our 2nd visit here.
don't think we be returning though!
I fully understand that the situation is totally different from our last stay, but didn't expect the holiday inn to have changed this much
We are still here as I write this.
last night our first night here we decided to eat at the restaurant, ordered our meal, told waitress I wanted gluten free bread as she said that was available for me... well an HOUR AND A HALF LATER our meal came, I had normal bread instead of the requested GF.
I complained to reception and the waiting staff(only 2 lovely girls working n 1 lovely girl on reception) about the service, I was told that they didn't expect it to be busy, but they knew how many people had booked into the Inn!.
Breakfast was served quicker but, toast came before the cooked food and by time that came toast was cold!!
The rooms aren't as clean as before, I can see all the cobwebs are here ready for Halloween.
We are thinking of leaving early as we are really not happy at all here, beds aren't as comfortable n not as homely

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank adele30something
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2020

Hi adele30something,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your Northop travel. I appreciate your feedback about your stay.

We strive to provide exceptional service and uncompromised convenience. I'm sorry you experienced issues with the hotel's cleanliness, restaurant service, and beds. I can see these dampened your visit. Trust that I alerted our management about this so we can make the necessary changes to better our service.

We appreciate your feedback about your stay and looking forward to your next travel.

Many Thanks,

Rein D

Reviewed 31 August 2020

Never been to a Holiday Inn before now. Waited over 45 minutes after being seated to order our breakfast. Then took additional time to chase up where our order was after a substantial amount of time.

Would not recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2020

Hi I7130YBjoshs,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback. Although we have limited service hospitality, we strive to offer a seamless and inviting stay. It is a disappointing setback that we missed the mark in ensuring your convenience every guest should expect from an IHG hotel. I am sorry that you find our Restaurant services inefficient.

We take feedback seriously and have shared your comments with our local team. I'm confident that they will use your feedback to better our Hospitality Services.

Pleasure once again to host your stay and hope that we remain to be your dependable choice for your future travels.

Best Regards,

Alice P

Reviewed 16 August 2020

Dirty room even someones dirty sock was left behind really not a thorough clean with covid going on.
The receptionist told me I could bring dog in restaurant so we booked in only to be told we couldn't bring the dog in i told the staff we have been told we could only for her to reply "people don't like them when they eating" well there shouldn't be a dog friendly hotel then. We needed to feed our young baby and eat so I was given the option "just tie the dog up outside" which is not an option at all in my eyes.
So in the end we had to eat breakfast outdoors with our 12 week old baby ans it was not thr warmest of days. They were so rude making comments about our dog barking he was only a tiny little thing and then we got locked out as the door got shut. Found staff so rude and manners so bad. Not happy going back which is a shame as its where he usually stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West), responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Hi there, Laura O!

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West) and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

Offering well-kept facilities and top-notch service is our main concern. I'm so sorry that we were not able to deliver this time. As IHG wants to make your every stay flawless, your thoughts are taken into account. I've shared with our hotel management to be used as a reference to better your next experience with us.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

All the best,