Review Highlights
An experience worth experiencing!

While staying for a few days in Wales we were told that we must visit Bessy's and try the Bass beer... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Anne-marie M
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Loved it!

Where do I start? No draft beers, just excellent pints of Bass poured from a jug through a serving... read more

Reviewed 4 January 2019
deanothebaggie
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom

All reviews bass the pub step back in time crisps beer garden well worth the visit living room serving hatch an institution jug barrel dyffryn landlady ale dog draft pembrokeshire
Reviewed 28 July 2017

What a dump, thank god that with the progress of time, this back in the good old days pub will change for the better or close for ever, I cant see the point of wallowing in the nostalgia of days gone by, drinking ordinary beer poured from a jug can not be very hygienic, I can do this at home with my own home brew, which is a much better and safer way.
On the plus side it is in a lovely location.

Date of experience: July 2017
9  Thank helgw
Reviewed 17 July 2017

bessiesy bia'r lle, dyma ei chartref. mae bessie dros ei 80 oed, nid yw'n hollol hapus os nad yw hi ymhlith ei thrigolion lleol. mae'r bar yn y rwm ffrynt., gyda chadeiriau pren i eistedd arnynt. mawr yw'r croeso yn gyffredinol., nifer o bobl lleol diddorol yn mynychu yma. y cwrw yn cael ei weini trwy dwll yn y wal (y bar), ychydig iawn o amrywiaeth, ond safon yr arlwy yn wych. gwerth ymweliad.

Date of experience: August 2016
3  Thank Emyr T
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to visit! A trip back in time to an old traditional pub! Great beer - white wine a bit warm but this place is about the beer and the experience!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

In an isolated rural area this is a unique look at past life in the country. Bass beer served from a jug through an aperture in the wall. If you're lucky you might see Betty, but she is getting on, and we were served by her granddaughter. It is what everyone says and quite an experience. Take a look of leave it!

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank BeeGee45
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Can't stop smiling about this pub, DO NOT EXPECT IT TO BE CONVENTIONAL.
Bass from a barrel served in a jug, through a hatch, we walked 2 hours to get here, only to find we had no cash for a drink, we returned by car to sample what was on offer, you have to visit it just to say you've been there.
Bessie,the owner reminded me of my auntie Alice when she was in her 80's/90's, I can relate to this place as from my childhood, rural Wales at its best, no frills.

Date of experience: June 2017