All reviews west highland way walkers bar drying room packed lunch remote location small pub evening meal and breakfast welcome sight wet clothes next morning cosy bar deer wandering around warm welcome lovely evening residents lounge shared bathroom under new management
Reviewed 22 April 2018

This is just the hotel you need when you are walking the west highland way! They have a drying room, the bed is comfortable, the room and bathroom is clean and the breakfast is delicious. The staff are attentive, and you can ask for a packed lunch. I would stay here anytime, even if for a wee break and to be looked after!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Smruta
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed for one night in the Inveroran Hotel at the end of one long day of walking the West Highland Way.
At first it was a bit difficult to actually book a room, as they seemed to be full, or almost, but Nadia, the lovely and professional woman from reception contacted me and we managed to arrange something.
Then when I arrived there, I was completely surprised by this incredibly comfortable and cosy hotel. They provided a wonderful service and an excellent dinner (the best vegetable chickpea curry I have ever had, I must say!) and the staff were very helpful at all times.
There was also the bar area, full of nice atmosphere, and the breakfast in the morning was again excellent. I couldn't have hoped for more.
I totally recommend it, without a doubt!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AnabelGalivanter
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Lovely little hotel on the West Highland Way at the foot of Rannoch Moor, 2-3 miles from Bridge of Orchy, in a beautiful location. I stayed with my wife for one night, and we were both very impressed. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the food quality and presentation was terrific at the evening meal and breakfast. The bar and lounge areas were small but very cosy and had a good atmosphere. The bedroom and ensuite size was decent, shower was ok. Slight negatives: TV reception was poor, no wifi in the area and the bed was too soft for our liking, but wouldn't stop us returning. Excellent experience overall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cstirrat2016
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Recently visited this beautifully set hotel while on a ramble with a few friends.

After a day up the mountain, we were absolutely delighted with the warm bar, cold beers, and flawless service.

It is easy to forget how remote you are when you are greeted and treated like family – and that is exactly how Nadia and her fantastic and talented staff are.

I could not recommend this place enough. Even if you do not need a bed for the night, I recommend you drop by on your walk and order a delicious pint of the West Highland Way lager.

Wonderful place.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Some friends and I drove to Glen Orchy to camp and do some hill walking.

Weather was clear as we walked but it was a bit chilly and began to rain around tea time.

I've been walking in the surrounding area for years and visited the Inveroran Hotel a few times.

After a very good meal (starters of soup and smoked salmon respectively, mains of venison pie all round and a few pints of West Highland Way lager) - which was very reasonably priced and exactly what we needed after a day on the hills - we headed back to our campsite.

Somehow my friend who was driving lost his car keys, leaving us completely stranded.

We headed back to the pub to see if we could use their phone. The owner, Nadia, couldn't have been more helpful. She immediately made time and space for us, let us use their facilities and informed her team of the situation - all the while simultaneously keeping tabs on the other customers' needs, tending the bar and serving food.

The following day brought little progress at first. Being a Sunday, few local services were available to be tasked in. Nadia assured us that we could hang around for as long as it took. She even offered to drive us to the nearest train station herself.

We were really bowled over at her hospitality and professionalism. The staff went above and beyond for us. Eventually we made it home but it would have been much more of an ordeal had Nadia not helped us out.

It is a good thing indeed that hikers and walkers have the Inveroran on their route. They have facilities like store rooms and drying rooms for seasoned long-distance walkers, patience and understanding for amateurs like us and plenty of good food and drink for all.

Thank you Nadia, keep up the good work and we all look forward to coming back (with spare car keys)!

Trip type: Travelled with friends