“Perfect Wedding Venue”
Review of Hadlow Manor Hotel

Hadlow Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hadlow
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We got married here on 14th October 2012 and I must say, we had the most amazing day.

The venue was absolutely perfect, the ceremony room and reception room were dressed by the staff and both looked amazing, the staff were so helpful and everything went smoothly on the day. The grounds were gorgeous and well kept and looked gorgeous in our photos. My only negative is that there were lots of fallen leaves on the day, it would have been nice if these had been swept away as I had a long train and they kept getting caught under my dress!

The food was gorgeous and hot, and everbody was raving about the dessert! The staff were very attentive during the meal and served it quickly, seeing as we had 80 guests to be fed!

The room was quickly prepared for the evening to start and the evening buffet was so tasty, just a shame I didn't get to eat more of it! My only negative point would be that when the buffet was initially bought out and placed at the back of the room, there was no lights near it so guests either didn't know it was there, or could not see what they were eating! I did notice later in the night somebody had put some lights along the table so this problem was resolved.

The bridal suite was simply beautiful - a huge room, decorated in a modern but classic way, the bed was extremely comfortable and it was perfectly clean. The bathroom was modern and clean.

The other guests also told me that they had lovely big rooms, although I didn't go into any other than the suite.

Breakfast the next day was included in the cost of the rooms, which were very reasonable, and it was lovely. Served as a help-yourself cooked buffet (my favourite kind!) and constantly being replenished to suit everybodies needs.

I would 100% recommend this as a wedding venue, we could not have chosen a better venue. Una was great during the wedding planning and always there to answer my many, many emails! And the staff on the day were excellent, all in all we had the most perfect day and would like to thank the venue for what they did for us.

We hope to return for the weekend next year to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!

Thank you again!

Room Tip: The bridal suite with the 4 poster bed is excellent, would definitely recommend a stay in this room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Natalie C
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Many thanks Natalie for taking the time to leave some feedback on the hotel. We are delighted you had such a special day and glad Hadlow Manor Hotel was the right venue for you.

Thank you for also passing on some feedback regarding some issues, these will be dealt with going forward.

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel next October!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Had the good fortune to stopover on business last week.
Booked via Late Rooms and this came out at the cheapest price (with availability) -much cheaper than even Premier Inn.Checked on Trip Advisor and the reviews were good so booked up.
From arrival to departure the experience was better than I was expecting.
Spacious rooms, Sky Sports on the bedroom Tv (a real bonus!), relaxing bar and bar meal, quiet for a great nights sleep and a splendid full english next morning that set me up for the day.
The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and the buildings and accomodation very very clean and tidy.
I shall certainly be staying again.

2  Thank Larson200
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Many thanks for your feedback on the hotel and I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

The hotel has been given a face lift since I last stayed there and the service remains as good as always. Super large rooms with large bathrooms and lovely grounds. The rooms are well equipped with everything one would need. Only a slight criticism as far as the lighting is concerned. The general lighting is good and they do now provide a small lamp on the dressing table. However, it doesn't shed much light so you have to use the bathroom which has a better light on the side. However, there is no magnifying option nor is the light balanced.TV and choice of channels were good. They seem to take the "green" option very seriously as everything is switched off in the room - mostly no problem until it came to the radiator and there are no instructions in their welcome pack. I found the bed comfortable and the hotel, in general, is not noisy. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I would suggest the ground floor rooms as they have easy access to the hotel from a better car park...
1  Thank htur61
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass some feedback on.
Your kind comments are appreciated and thank you for the feedback on lighting and the welcoming pack, we will look it improving this.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here on my own mid-week as I had an early meeting to attend the next day and was very impressed with the exceptional service. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. My bedroom was very spacious and well equipped with a lovely view over the countryside. The flickering tea lights in the bar gave a warm, inviting atmosphere and I felt perfectly at ease sitting alone in there with a glass of wine and the newspaper. The bar menu has an excellent selection of home-cooked food and I chose the lasagne which I very much enjoyed. A well presented breakfast was served in a fabulous room looking out onto the garden. I chose the continental option and had freshly prepared fruit and warm pastries, but the full English looked very tempting. I will definitely be returning with my husband for a weekend break!

1  Thank JMcC83F
Giles T, Manager at Hadlow Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

Thanks for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel shortly.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed for a wedding which was just lovely and everyone had a great time except for the wedding reception where we had the meal was served. The meal was lovely but the room was freezing. For the elderly guests this was not a pleasant experience.

The bedrooms seem to have never been dusted or hoovered. There was a thick layer of dust on the table in our room that you could right your name in. Also in the back of the radiator the dust was unbaleavably thick, so when I put my jacket on to warm and removed it it was covered in dust.

The window sills were filthy in both the bedroom and the bathroom, and the net curtain in the bathroom should be removed and burnt. There was also a dead fly stuck to the wall in the bathroom behind the door.

Overall the the rooms need a really good clean and if they have been left for a long time with no guests in them, make sure they have been cleaned again. The bathrooms need to be ripped out and new ones put in.

And the last thing I will say, is that the top table and all the table cloths used at the wedding in all the rooms used, for them all to be compleatly creased and not ironed was a huge mistake and would have only taken 20 minuets for one person to do. It is so visible in so many photos taken on the day!

A comfortable stay and lovely staff, but really silly mistakes made!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to passing some feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I am sorry that you thought our dining facility was cold. Please feel free to speak to staff when at the hotel and they can adjust the tempreture to suit your requirements.

I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues and will pass this onto the hotel team and housekeeping team as this needs to be addressed quickly as this is not acceptable and I apologise for this.

Please feel free to contact the hotel if you would like to take to discuss this matter further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadlow
6.9 km away
12.9 km away
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
#4 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Hadlow Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!