All reviews the pub beer garden family room steak and ale pie double bed small village dolls house family lunch staff were so friendly petrol station very nice stay london pride garden room cauliflower cheese stay open the main road walk in wardrobe
Reviewed 10 September 2018

A very enjoyable visit, got off to a great start with a friendly "no-problem" lady on the end of the phone when we booked before travelling down.
Good room, plenty of space and a comfy bed with decent reading lights over the bed (so often omitted).
We ate at the hotel twice, had two really good meals, fast friendly service as well.
There seems to be a young team running the bar & restaurant and reception when needed. They all work really hard, never pausing for breath during the evenings we were eating in! However that doesn't mean they don't have time for a friendly word - e.g. a quick discussion and recommendation on which tonic to have with the chosen gin.
Breakfasts - all I can say is come hungry and don't expect to eat much again before supper. Informal, once again served with a smile and a friendly word.
Downsides - the shower in the room wasn't great and the car parking space could be limited, although we always managed to find a slot.
We shall be back.

Room tip: Garden facing rooms (6 & 7) might suffer cigarette smoke - check when booking if sensitive to this.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Lovely place to stay with a fantastic breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful and rooms very comfortable and clean.

The pub was a nice atmosphere with a very good range of gin !

Would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Does a wonderful roast on a Sunday. I had beef but there are other options. Good selection of vegetables and cauliflower cheese. Would recommend you call to check there is a table as it was very busy. Really friendly and helpful staff. Will be back to visit again soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thank Nicholle-Elizab... B
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel to be close when visiting family. The hotel is an old building with what looks, from the outside, like a separate house next door. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a great little bar downstairs for a drink. I was initially concerned that we might be disturbed by noise from the pub. However it's a nice quiet bar and the rooms are far away from the bar. In fact the room was very quiet despite the hotel being full. The room was comfy. An unusual layout but it's a very old building. Very comfy beds and a good nights sleep. The Somerset breakfast was worth the stop alone, delicious!
To sum up, a very nice stay in a cosy hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I was due to work in Yeovil the following day. I booked the Ilchester Arms as I felt the name familiar. Getting old you know. The memory isnt what it was. On arriving, I realised that I’d stayed here years ago. I’m glad I booked. The staff were great and got me booked in quickly. My room was clean and comfortable, with loads of hot water for a shower. The veggie bugger meal I had in the restaurant was probably the best I’ve had.
The twist. If you stay here and have a shower, make sure you shut the bathroom door as the steam can set the smoke alarm off, as we all found out at midnight when the fire alarms went off. I will certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018