The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
The White Lion Inn(Hampton-in-Arden)
Hampton Manor(Hampton-in-Arden)
Old Hall House(Fillongley)
Haigs Hotel(Balsall Common)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe pubsunday carverybeer gardengood sizenec birminghampowerful showerbar areafunction roomonly stayed one nightneeded somewherefriendly receptionistpleasant hotelbreakfast was includedbuffet styleplenty of parkingfull englishsingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic reception staff, bar and restaurant staff, the food is good and the rooms are very comfortable and clean, this place offers much more than a chain hotel with microwave food! when myself or my business partners are in town, we will drive the extra ten mins to get here.

Room Tip: Everywhere I have been is ok, perhaps some rooms are better for others for Wi-Fi and for me and my job that is important.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely clean and spacious rooms. Friendly staff and lovely grounds and smoking area. The only thing I would complain about is it was very hot throughout the hotel. Even when we turned the heater off at 4pm by returning at 11:30 the room was still uncomfortably hot as well as the dinning area at breakfast time. Apart from that it was a really nice stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stay here often and the booking deal is genuine with good 'off peak' rates. The management seem to be distant but maybe that's because the staff are excellent and they stand back and allow them to show initiative - therefore good management!
Over a three year period I've seen the hotel updated and improved immensely. The rather average restaurant has become a very good place to eat without being too pretentious and certainly very good value for money. Breakfast never disappoints and the Doombar is always in great nick as are the other beers. I always stay here when in the area if the spotless rooms are available. Now to find out if I get my £5 discount for writing this honest opinion.

Room Tip: Take an even numbered room if you prefer a view of the gardens rather than the car park. Down stairs is easier as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Nick W, General Manager at The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good Evening Peter,

Thank you for your honest opinions, we value our customers reviews, its great to hear that you are a returning customer and have seen the improvements we have made over the years, we do have great staff members which means they show great initiative but there is always a member of management on site at all times.

We look forward to your return visit with discount.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Arrived during "Beast from the East" snowy spell March 2018. Bitter cold weather throughout the country. The warm welcome to a clean, comfortable, toasty room with masses of hot water was so welcome!

Pleasant bar area for a drink and chat and a lovely conservatory for full breakfast.
Excellent value, very well located for short taxi ride to NEC, Genting Arena etc.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good Evening Heather,

The Beast from the East was not pleasant, however we are glad that are warm, friendly welcome was just what you needed to help you through the miserable weather, we look forward to you returning to us in the future hopefully on a nice sunny day when you can appreciate our lovely conservatory and beautiful beer garden.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this hotel at short notice for a one night stay in a single room. Plenty of off road parking. My room was of a very good size although some of the decoration in the bathroom just needed a touch up. A good powerful shower and good size towels. I dined in the restaurant and found a good selection for all tastes on the menu. The food was served piping hot, tasty and good sized portions. The onion rings were enormous !!. The pub was fairly quiet but had a nice décor. All the staff I found polite and helpful and was able to relax at ease. Breakfast was a little bit of a let down. Buffet style with a reasonable choice, however most of the cooked food was not very hot.The morning chef was happy to make fried eggs if you required. All in a pleasant stay and I would certainly be happy to return especially at the bargain price I found on Booking .com. £39 plus £7 for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Good Evening Richard,

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you found your short notice stay satisfying and that you found the rooms, showers and towels all good, are menus offers a good choice of options to all, we are sorry you felt the breakfast was a let down and have spoken to the chef and passed on your comments.

If you book direct the breakfast is included.

We hope to see you again.