All reviews fish the past years two teenage daughters muskie morning shore meals lunch trip world price kathy hospitality lodge lake
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

We just got done with our third straight trip to New Moon Lodge. Fantastic doesn't do it justice. The fishing is top notch and the guides are great. The homestyle food each morning and evening is only beat by the fresh from the lake walleye shore lunch. I have taken hard core fishermen and a novice 9 year old and all raved about the experience. This time took my 70+ year old parents and my two teenage daughters. While I wasn't able to completely eliminate their eye rolling, both girls had a great time and already are asking to go back. In this world it's hard to get this type of truly quality time with loved ones.

I've fished a lot of places, and when it comes to total experience, big fish, knowledgeable guides and great good at a reasonable price, New Moon Lodge can't be beat.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a great place to spend 3 days or a week. The Moens run a excellant Fishing camp. The cabins are fully equipped and very comfortable. The best besides the fishing is the meals, home cooked and served at your table. I have been at the lodge many times and heading back next week for a 4 day Muskie fishing trip. Guides are very knowledgeable of the area and you will get fish.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Great place to go if your looking for a quick weekend adventure and you live within driveable distance. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to plan an extended hunting/fishing trip to this destination. However, for a couple of days, the price is right and the accomodations, food, and hospitality of the staff are great. I did enjoy the shore lunches cooked up by my guide made of our freshly caught walleye. Also, they have satellite TV and internet in the main lodge so you can stay connected if you want. Hunting was okay. I believe that the migration flyway has moved a bit to the west due to the "Ducks Unlimited" conservation project over the past 20 years.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family