All reviews eggs benedict fresh fruit mersey river enjoyed our stay nova scotia bed and breakfast next morning martin liverpool property hosts victorian fridge cozy
Reviewed 8 September 2017

This place is a hidden gem. We didn't know what to expect since we never stayed at a B&B before. When we entered the house the guys Martin and Milton came right out and greeted us introducing themselves. I felt very comfortable right away. The rooms were very lovely. The house may be an older one but very well kept with large rooms and all the modern conveniences. The breakfast was outstanding with plenty of coffee, fresh fruit, homemade muffins, yogurt, and eggs benedict done to perfection. I would stay again and recommend even if it is a little out of town.

Room Tip: The room with the King bed is roomey and faces the front of the house.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My husband I just stayed here as we passed through on a bike tour. Miles and Martin went above and beyond to welcome us and make sure all of our needs were met and beyond. The house is lovely. The breakfast was gourmet. The best part of our stay (besides the lovely hosts) was the river to swim in after a long hot ride.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Last minute booking, we accosted our host in a restaurant, they had a room available but were at capacity for breakfast, said they would manage and did in spectacular fashion. The room was large and comfortable. The setting is great and the hosts charming. Certainly strongly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 5 August 2017

first of all Morton House is not where the satnav and google say it is, both of them directed me to a street in the centre of Liverpool and it is in fact well out of town. The house itself is very charming, set in wonderful grounds and with a view of the Mersey river. The owner, who greeted us, was very friendly and helpful but the motel room we had felt strange. There was a dehumidifier on went we went in and the room had a sort of damp smell although the room itself was certainly not damp and it was a good size. The bathroom was large and well equipped but had a huge heated water tank which was not covered and looked out of place but seemed safe enough. The bed was comfortable and we had a peaceful night but overall the room seemed a mismatch. In hind sight I wished we had booked to stay in the house but you know what they say about hindsight.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 47wise
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the last weekend in July. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast. We will definitely be back we were amazed at how beautiful and clean everything was. I am celiac and Martin and Miles catered to my allergies. The grounds were beautiful we really enjoyed our stay we will be back next year

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple