“One of the best restaurants - ever”
Review of Maiale Volante - CLOSED

Maiale Volante
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The food was unbelievably creative yet down to earth. Delicious and reasonably priced. I told my husband that if I could eat here at least once a year for the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I love everything about this place. You can discover Italian traditions along with modern sustainable techniques, without sacrificing quality of food. The environment is casual friendly with a fine dining atmosphere. There is a children's play area to keep them busy while you enjoy a nice fine, and long meal. The breads are to die for, and while I am not so much a cured meats fan, I do love to indulge here. The chef, Andre, is friendly, funny, and generous. You can explore the land, meet the other animals, it's such an amazing unique experience. Reservations are a must, especially on the weekend! We had to wait a week before we could get in on a Sunday. Photos of our day and critique found here: http://sandytlam.com/food/maiale-volante/

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hillsides dripping with grapevines. Friendly dogs tussling with the geese in the yard. Last month's bigger chickens suddenly aren't in the field -- because they're part of course #5 when we dined at this chic, casual, beautiful restaurant. Loved listening to a soundtrack of Cat Power, bits and pieces of hipster bluegrass, and the sound of the warm summer winds whipping through the open doors between the dining room and the fields. Beautiful organic verdicchio wine by the glass. Beer gelee over caramel panna cotta. Brilliant housemade salumi. GO HERE unless you are obsessed with being uptight and boring. Are you the opposite? You will LOVE.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Fantastic 7 course meal,freshly cooked using all local ingredients and from own farm. Excellent value and personal service.
A little difficult to find but well worth the effort.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

If by any chance you happen to stumble in this beautiful region give yourself a treat!...located out in the wild countryside the owners have gone out of the way to offer a truely unique dining experience. With authethic and wholesome products cultivated with love and passion the true essense of love for food is complemented by the musical background of our favorite groups from days gone by (Neil Young, Stones and Dylan...the night we were there)
The location is a bit off the beaten path but I am sure a phone call or accurate GPS tracking can bring you there!