Free cancellation until 27/07
Five Oaks(New Quay)
Beechwood House(New Quay)
Dolau House(New Quay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssilver serviceprivate pathan absolute gemguest housestunning viewsjoelouisememorabilialoungehostscerealbathquayseasuitebay
Reviewed 31 August 2016

When the local tourist information office said that there maybe a room free at a local FIVE STAR guest house, we thought ... sounds interesting. Little were we to know how good it would be.

Chocolates on our pillows ... big en-suite bath as well as shower ... private pathway to the beautiful beach below ... plenty of tables / chairs on the private patio ... 24 hour access to SILVER SERVICE tea & coffee (your own trays set out in the kitchen if ./ when you need them) ... milk in the well stocked fridge ... the list goes on.

Now, the breakfast ... served by Joe (crisp white shirt & tie) ... silver service ... choice of starters as long as your arm ... I get Special K with sliced bananas ... she has fresh fruit salad ... fresh coffee on tap ... full English for me with some superb black pudding ... she has a normal sized portion (of her choice) ... few rounds of toast ... locally made marmalade & jam to die for ... the list goes on (AGAIN).

Walk down the private path onto the beach ... doze off for a few hours.

Just lovely.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheMemorialGround
Reviewed 11 June 2016

My wife booked 3 nights at Ffynnon Feddyg for us and friends for our tour of Wales. We have been travelling yearly since the mid-seventies and I have yet to find a place that would come close to this fantastic and welcoming B&B. The location is great if your looking for hiking or just relaxing, this is the place. Joe and Louise made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. We were treated to the most wonderful breakfasts anyone could imagine prepared by the culinary expertise of Joe, all the while enjoying Louise's piano concerto. This B&B should be rated 8 out of 5. It was so hard to leave. Thank you so much Joe and Louise for making us feel at home. I will make sure all of my family and friends hear about this incredible B&B.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank John R
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have just had a lovely weekend in New Quay, spending 2 nights in Ffynnon Feddyg B&B. Joe was very welcoming and showed us round the B&B and it's facilities. It's so cosy and peaceful and we had two lovely nights sleep. Lovely touch coming into our room at night having our bed turned down and a little chocolate on the pillow. We also loved having our tea/coffee served in a silver tea set and Royal Daulton cup and saucer. Joe makes the best breakfast EVER and there is plenty of it with fruits and/or cereal first. The B&B is about a mile walk to the village but this is a lovely walk either on the pavement with a sea view the whole way or there is access via the garden to the beach to walk along. Joe has a Tide Times to help choose you walk! Thank you Joe and Louise for a lovely stay and we would definitely stay again and recommend you.

Dan & Tracy

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

My husband booked this place as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. I don't know what the best bit was, tea served from a silver tea service or watching dolphins swimming in the bay while eating breakfast outside, the corner bath big enough for 2 or the amazing furniture. Joe and Louise are so friendly and welcoming. I can't wait to go back.
Chocolates on our pillows every night, dressing gowns hanging in the wardrobe and radox in the bathroom, a few of the little extras that made our stay extra special.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2015

An eclectic B&B... I LOVED staying here. From the start to end the hosts were contagiously happy and bubbly. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and the bathroom had a spa that was large enough for 2 to have a good scrub and relax. The B&B is situated on the side on the hill with an easy and beautiful walk to the beach. We swam in the beach and relaxed in the sun.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple