“Tranquil oasis , full of authentic Greek charm.”

Kanela Store & Cafe
Ranked #19 of 43 Restaurants in Alykes
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Description: Kanela Tradional Products Store & Cafe is a unique shop located in Alykes, Zakynthos. Here you can buy your favorite traditional Greek products like olive oil, wine, home-made soap, herbs, spices etc. while you drink your coffee or cocktail and listen to beautiful tunes.
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We walked into Kanela and sat on one the sofa chairs , and were instantly in a different world. Shady and cool. All the table and chairs are different. The music on our first visit was Bach and our second American smoochy Jazz. The atmosphere was one of peace and tranquillity.
We ordered a meze for 2 which is lovingly prepared. It was tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, salami and olives with warm crusty bread and ouzo. This delicious feast was €10.00. It was all beautifully presented by a charming young man.
There are herbal teas, and everything where it can be is natural, no fanta here.
My only regret is I didn't go into here sooner. My favourite place in Alykes

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Good atmosphere & products, we had coffee and the service was instantaneous, would recommend this to all visitors

1  Thank Jill G
Reviewed 21 August 2016

My wife and me disagree here. When we arrived in there was a group of four sitting along from us. We took our seats and waited......and waited.....and waited. Eventually the waiter came over and told us that the other group had just ordered and that we would not be able to place an order for another 20 minutes or so and that we should leave and maybe come back later... We did leave and we did come back later and we waited....and waited.... and waited.....then the waiter came back and took our order. My wife asked for what was essentially a cheese and tomato sandwich. So we waited.....and waited......and waited. The food came and was really nice apart from the fact that he had forgotten to add the tomato. I should point out that we were the only people in at that time so the poor man only had one job to do.

This is where we disagree. I thought this place was brilliant, laid back Greek at its finest. My wife liked the food but thought the service could be improved, personally I don't think 45 minutes is too long to wait for a sandwich and coffee, we are on holiday after all.

2  Thank DonegalDanbert
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

The best coffee on Zakintos island,delicious fresh juices made of local fruits,nice ambient and very simpatical waiter.

1  Thank renata h
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Husband and I walked that little bit further most days to enjoy the best Greek coffee in Alykes. We were made to feel very welcome every time we visited. The fan was turned on for us and we were given complimentary water. Coffee came with a date on the side. There are lots of traditional products to buy with many available to try before you buy.