The Elms
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor(Stourport-on-Severn)
US$112
  • Restaurant
US$110
US$107
Travelodge Droitwich(Droitwich)(Great Value!)
Brockencote Hall Hotel(Chaddesley Corbett)
US$175
US$170
TripAdvisor
All reviewsafternoon teahigh teafamily friendly hotelhalf termmain restaurantsconesspa facilitiesa la carte menulovely groundscream teacoach housecountry housesteam roomold housethe main housegreat facilitiesrelaxation room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

The great:
Staff very professional and welcoming on arrival answering all of my questions knowledgeably. The recently refurbished public areas are fantastic. A real feel of high end, country luxury. The food from the restaurant was excellent as was the service. Drinks selection and service at the bar was also very good.

The ok:
The room was fine. But rooms are due to be refurbished and this will improve guest experience. In particular I would like firmer beds and a choice of pillow plumpness (I like a flat pillow and all those in the room were very plump). Also they should consider making the bathrooms more sleek.
The spa facilities were clean and well equipped. A definite asset to the hotel but some more hooks needed for towels around the pool.
I appreciated the families being sat in an adjacent room during breakfast.

The not so good:
Children! Parents can't be trusted to control their children or follow rules. Pre-teens were in the sauna and steam room with their parents. Underage children also in the pool, jumping around, splashing and being noisy. I think the spa should be child free (under 16) after 4pm.
Children were also in the bar at 6.30pm being very noisy and ruining the atmosphere. Keep kids in the lounge and out of the bar!
Lastly - a bowl of mixed fresh fruit salad is very much needed as part of the breakfast selection.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank culturevulture80
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Culturevulture80,

Thank you for staying at the Elms and for writing your review. I was delighted to read how well our team looked after you, and that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. We are hoping to start the next stage of our refurbishment for 2018, but glad to read how much you liked the ground floor after the recent changes.

I am sorry that you felt the children staying in the hotel were detrimental to your stay, but hope that we can still welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, with staff that made us feel special throughout our stay. We arrived early to make the most of the facilities before checking in and having our treatments. We were taken through to the spa area and given a tour. The pool was lovely, the jacuzzi has two sections- with half being outside - nice as long as you keep your shoulders in the water. There is also a steam room, sauna and fancy shower with different jets & bird song. The pool area had some loungers & chairs - it’s just a shame that people lay their towels out to claim the loungers and then go off, not using them. We wanted to relax by the pool & chat, and had to sit on the hard plastic chairs looking at the empty loungers (I’m sure it would have been sorted if we said something- but too British for that). We had lunch in the spa cafe - the food was really nice and generous portion sizes. We both had treatments booked and found the rooms to be very clean & relaxing. I wasn’t too impressed that after my pedicure, I had to move to another room to have my facial that had been booked to follow. The room we stayed in was in the converted stable - it was beautiful with all Elimis products. A bit of a steep staircase to get to it. Dinner was amazing - from the beautiful dining room, high quality of the food and attentive staff!!! Our trip finished with a good breakfast- so nice to be served breakfast cooked to order, rather than a buffet. Thank you to all at The Elms for such a lovely stay...... we will be coming back!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LJDorey
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear LJDorey,

Thank you for staying at the Elms as part of a spa experience and writing your review. We very much appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4 stayed on New Year's Eve and were overjoyed with the venue.
Upon arrival the hotel certainly had the 'wow' factor and inside was truly amazing!
Great decor, friendly staff and great food and even better to be greeted by George the hotels very own cat who lives there!
The rooms are a bit outdated (apparently the new owners are refurbishing the rooms) but they were still extremely nice -we even had the luxury of putting our children in the adjoining room which had bunk beds which they loved!
Sadly our evening didn't go to plan when my 8 year old son decided to be sick all over the lobby floor and the entrance to the toilet-he didn't quite make it! On a really busy night the staff couldn't do enough to help (although I cleaned the sick up as I couldn't leave the poor member of staff to do that-nobody gets paid enough to do that!!!) It sadly ended our New Years celebrations and we retired to bed but never less we had a great day and night at the hotel. We even managed to make use of the great facilities and enjoyed a dip in the pool the next day after a fabulous breakfast!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, its worth a visit- the only downside is that it is a bit pricey and the 'discretionary' service charge is frustrating upon check out, especially when we had tipped the staff members the previous day/night.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott G
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Scott G,

Thank you for staying at the Elms on New Years Eve and for your kind words about your stay. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay although unfortunate to read that you Son was unwell.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We stayed at this hotel on the Saturday before New Year's Eve. Our initial thoughts about the hotel when we walked in was 'waw'. It was nicely decorated with the Christmas decor and lights. We were escorted to our room by a Curtious young lady who was very helpful. The room had a lovely view and a big double bed ( which we later discovered it was two single beds pushed together) which was comfortable. However, during our stay little things started to crop up, the shower did not work, poor water pressure in the toilet, there was mould around the bath, and there was a crack in the bedroom window. When you pay a lot of money for a room like this you expect it to be tip top. The room was quite dated and I would say the whole hotel was a bit 'tired' looking.
Evening meal was exceptional! Nice canapés, it would have been nice for the staff to explain what they were (lot of young staff here). We ordered the rack of lamb, it was delicious. My only criticism is, the bottle of red wine we ordered (not cheap!) was served cold.
The spa was lovely and clean, the pool was a bit on the cold side.
Breakfast following morning was lovely. A good selection to choose from.
On departure, we checked our bill and noticed a gratuity charge on our bill (20%) !! Is this legal ? They hadn't even asked our permission. I find this very rude.
Overall I would say this hotel has the potential to be a very fine hotel but just needed that extra bit of polish. The young man who was in charge that evening stated the new owner was planning on building an extra 20 or so bedrooms. Don't bite more than you can chew, if money was spent in the current property and having an experienced key member of staff seeing to the overall service at The Elms, it could be a truely magnificent hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart H
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Stuart H,

Thank you for staying at the Elms and for writing your review. It is nice to read that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, and thank you for highlighting the quality of the Christmas decorations, exceptional food in the evening and breakfast and the team.

I would like to also thank you for your feedback with your room, and will aim to rectify the points raised. The hotel was sold in July 2017, and our new owner is committed to refurbishing the hotel, so far the spa, Restaurant, entrance hall and bar have been completed. Our aim is to focus on the existing bedrooms as our next priority, but in the meantime ensure that they are clean and comfortable.

The service charge is 10% but it is important to state that it is discretionary, and will be removed if requested. The entire team benefit from service charge, as we believe that every department is crucial in providing an enjoyable guest experience.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon, and look forward to showing you the new exciting plans for 2018.

I

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I chose to celebrate my Big Birthday four days early in the Christmas period and the Elms is something special over Christmas - the decorations are magical. Our party of 13 and a 6month old, loved the ambiance, welcoming front of house staff and a house full of guests making it feel family friendly. Tea, which was fresh and tasty, was served in a separate room which gave us privacy. They catered for our dietary variations and the young staff looked after us well. I was rather surprised to learn they were not able to provide a second bottle of champagne when we decided we would like a toast. But I hardly think our guests noticed the difference so it wasn't an issue. Otherwise delightful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
TheElmsAbberley, General Manager at The Elms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear Stephanie H,

Thank you for celebrating your special birthday at the Elms, its a joy to read how much you enjoyed the the afternoon. We also appreciate your kind comments about the Christmas decorations, service offered by the team and quality of the catering.

I am sorry that we did not have a 2nd bottle of the Champagne, but glad to see that you still enjoyed the celebration.