2 people are viewing this hotel
US$79
Free cancellation until 18/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$78
Free cancellation until 19/08/22
Agoda.com
US$69
PricelineUS$79
Hotels.comUS$78
TravelocityUS$78
All reviews sunday lunch piped music lovely venue piping hot full english lovely grounds an overnight stay lovely room cooked breakfast wedding solihull chap
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2021

Large, well appointed room, good food, lovely grounds, pleasant staff. Service a little slow at dinner but this was because they were serving a large birthday party so no real problem. Very good hotel.

Date of stay: September 2021
The Limes Country Lodge Hotel, Other at The Limes Country Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2021

Hi David
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We hopefully may see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 September 2021

We booked at the last minute, to visit family locally. The room was good, clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was "help yourself", and was again a good quality. The staff kept up a steady supply of food, and were very helpful.

Hi Sam

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We hopefully may see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2021

I stayed here the night before travelling on to a wedding, i was supposed to be travelling with my wife, for reasons of family illness she couldn't be with me.

Great location and the exterior looked good. On arrival my room was clean and well presented. A few things caught my eye that could have improved my rating for the room; There was an empty bottle of wine in the bathroom, the bathroom floor was still wet from having been cleaned and the sky light was dirty and covered in leaves (from the outside) The bed was quite uneven and i found myself rolling into the middle.

During my pre-booked dinner I asked about the menu (having pre-paid for myself and my wife) i asked specifically if my wives part of the menu could be used by me for my drinks (the monetary value) and also if any items on the menu were restricted. The waiting staff seems to not understand and needed to keep disappearing and ask someone senior. Service was slow, even though they only had 6 covers in the restaurant. The main course was good and was served hot. Desert was sadly not so; lumpy custard and 'store bought' sticky toffee pudding. I know i should have spoken then and there. But, the waiting staff were nowhere to be found and by then i was tired and wanted to go to bed (table booked for 18:30 i left the restaurant at 21:20)

The next morning breakfast was okay, waiting staff were helpful in showing me to my table but gave me no information on breakfast other than here it is help yourself. The bacon was tasty but the tomatoes where mere pieces of red that used to be tomatoes. I came down for breakfast at exactly 9am (9am was the breakfast start time, as stated on the website, in room hotel guide and the information stand at check in. However, the restaurant was full and had obviously been serving for some time before i arrived as people were preparing to leave.

There was a wedding reception at the hotel the night i stayed, i cannot complain on the noise from that as it is inevitable. however the hotel could have mentioned this to me on arrival and possibly offered a room further away from the main building as it happens I was right above an area where people where smoking and making merry.

In review: somewhat dated rooms in need of small tweaks, slow service and just about acceptable meal. Wait times unacceptable and waiting staff require training on hotel restaurant packages.

Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

The hotel reception a old musky smell. The breakfast was ok under cooked poached eggs and staff very limited in the mornings. The room wasn't as clean as i stayed 2 years ago and the maid service left opened biscuuts the towel left on the rads not folded. The bed looked like my 7 year old had made it. The blunds never such. But they did change them. When i arrived windows were open room full of daddy long legs. Carpets stained.
The staff were pleasant

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Cheryl

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review.
We are sorry that you felt we didn't reach your expectations.
Your comments have been passed to the housekeeping department for review

Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

We got married at The Limes Country Lodge in August 2021 and it was everything we had ever hoped for. After the long awaited announcement to say weddings could go ahead, David and his entire team went above and beyond to ensure we had the best day ever. Every member of staff from the management team to serving/ bar staff went out of their way to be accommodating to our needs, especially Victoria our wedding planner. I would highly recommend this venue, the food was fantastic and the newly built bedrooms are modern and inviting. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding day or a more beautiful setting.
Brogan.