1,081 results
All reviews great hotel public transport value for money swimming pool nice room recommend this hotel high standard city centre walk in shower booked this hotel great food excellent location comfort room the hotel staff buffet breakfast is staff were very friendly free parking
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Easy booking, great rooms, very friendly and accomadating staff. The food on offer was lovely and all other facilities where clean and top standard. Would recommend highly and will be using if we pass through the area again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2018

We booked this hotel on the recommendation of a Dutch colleague and it was much more than we could ever have expected.

Sitting between a country lane with cycle paths and a busy highway, the hotel is remarkably quiet and pleasant. Consisting of two main buildings,one houses the reception area, a bar with a garden setting and the large and very pleasant resaurant. The other building houses all the bedrooms and an indoor pool.

Our bedroom was large and modern. It was also spotlessand beautifully furnished.There was a patio with chairs looking onto a garden area. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the linens all looked new. The huge TV had a couple of BBC channels available.

There was no bath in the spacious and equally modern bathroom, but there was a terrific shower!

There was also a well-supplied tea/coffee machine in the room.

We used the indoor heated swimmining pool which felt very 'outdoors' in its setting. Again, the pool area was modern and spotlessly clean. The water temperature was perfect.

In a hotel full of highlights, the staff surpassed themselves with the quality and variety of the food on offer at breakfast. The selection of cold meats and cheeses was the best I have seen in any hotel! The chef was very happy to prepare pancakes when I asked, and a waiter quickly found the right syrup to go with them.

The local bus service stops outside the hotel and they run every 5 minutes or so. It cost €2.80 for the 20 minute ride into the heart of the beautiful city of Utrecht.

We booked Van der Valk as a stopover on our journey home to the UK.It turned out to be an absolute treasure that we hope to revisit with our bikes in the next year or so!

We paid only €250 for two nights room and breakfast. Wish we had been able to stay longer on this visit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018

I stayed at the hotel while visiting a colleague down at UMC Utrecht. The staff was helpful, there were convenient bus stops nearby, and I loved being able to rent a bicycle for a very reasonable daily rate. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Great hotel. I got the family room with 4 beds - it was great. I was a little worried since my kids are 14 and 15 years old but it worked out really well - each kid had their own TV too! :) only one bathroom but it was perfect for just one night. The breakfast was GREAT - I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Everything was like I expected. Only swimming pool was closed. This type of information should be wrote on the website. Food was good. TV set was huge and I had a chance to watch a football world Championships.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business