Billabong Bed & Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cairns Beach Resort(Holloways Beach)
Villa Marine(Yorkeys Knob)
View Hotel
Half Moon Bay Resort(Yorkeys Knob)
Reef Palms(Cairns)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Billabong very much. Janenne was great. Great breakfast, great location, wonderful billabong with a nice deck. We enjoyed the nice views from our deck. The dog is the best educated dog ever seen :-)

Room Tip: Ask Janenne about the tea towel trick :-)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank funbar75
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

I can understand the many positive reviews: it's got a scenic location, rooms are comfortable and the hostess very affable. But unless you have a car, you'll need to take a 20 minute bus ride to Cairns at $6 round trip. And while you're there, make sure you make all your bookings and complete other needed communication because the wifi here is totally unreliable. Want some food or a drink? Then it'll be a good 10 minute walk to Holloways Beach, where most places close at 8;30 pm. Two nights of that was enough for me, and I found much better located accomodation in Cairns at comparable price.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Pentwater--summerjoy
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed here around the Easter time and can highly recommend this b&b for its beautiful gardens, helpful hosts and nice lodging. It´s certainly not close to the center of Cairns, but even if you don´t have a car there are buses to Cairns. The neighborhood had its own beach (quite tiny), but you couldn´t really swim in the water because of the jellyfish. We went to dive at the Great Barrier Reef, which was an excellent experience, from another world! Beautiful!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annakosonen
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I found a piece of heaven when I stayed here. The view every morning was something to write home about! The Black-beaked Ibis, ducks, a Stork, cockatoos,Willy Tail Waggers and the Kookaburras made a lovely tropical song; one I'd never heard before. I miss it so. It was great to wake up to the Kookaburras laughing.They made me laugh along with them. Such a treat! I was there during the wedding mentioned by Hitchcock 1971, and she is right; Janenne went out of her way to make their special day beautiful and so memorable. It was quite lovely. I wanted to relax, and relax I did. It would not have been possible if not for Janenne, and "Roxy the Wonder Dog." I was so relaxed I forgot what day it was. I stayed the month of September, 2012 in the Tropical Room. It is situated away from the rest of the rooms, has the best view and privacy. Janenne's piece of heaven is the perfect place to relax, eat well every morning, and stroll around the grounds. It was the best vacation I've ever had. I wholeheartedly recommend Billabong B&B to anyone who is tired of hotel/motel rooms and would like to actually relax in a stunning setting. It is without a doubt the best, most beautiful, most relaxing B&B I've ever been to. The breakfasts are amazing. Janenne is the perfect hostess. Roxy is the best dog ever. She's so friendly, She became quite attached to me, but of course, I was feeding her water crackers every evening. I could go and on,..this place is amazing. Great value. I highly recommend this B&B to any solo female traveler or couple. It ought to be rated #1 in the entire Cairns area. Well done, Janenne! Well done! I miss you already and I am coming back! Thank you for the time of my life, and for everything you did for me to make my stay so memorable and so very special.

Room Tip: If you want total peace, choose the Tropical Room. It has the best view, and is situated away from the other rooms. The view is stunning, peaceful and relaxing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wanderlusting1951
Reviewed 26 September 2012

my husband and i stumbled on this little piece of paradise and found where we wanted to get married and thats just what we did over looking the billabong

we were a small party of 5 who stayed in the kingfisher unit fully fitted for our family needs - my parents in law also stayed in the frangapani room they loved it - my kids aged 8,6,2 all loved the billabong and wanted to stay for ever!
J is an amazing host nothing was to much trouble from the wedding where she worked so hard on giving my husband and i the wedding that we wanted to looking after all of us during our 2 weeks stay.
Roxy the dog is a beautiful dog my children are a little frightend of dogs but they loved roxy she is such a beautiful natured dog

my kids loved the breakfast - choc crossants have now been requested everymorning - the belcher musli is to die for - i came away with the recipe ( thanks J)

the photos on the website are true to life there is no photoshop needed -

billabong b & b is a must for couples,singles or solos who are looking for something quite and who loves real warmth not just a bed for the night

billabong stole our hearts - and i am very proud of the fact that my wedding was the very first there!

love to J and roxy thank you so very much for the wedding and everything else that you did for my family

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family