All reviews dinner dance central courtyard full english dance floor birthday party bridal suite would stay again lovely hotel breakfast was included one night stay buffet style the barn sunday lunch cooked breakfast afternoon tea comfy bed chichester
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We came here for a last minute night away near Southend, got a good deal on hotels.com . The check in staff were lovely and very helpfully let us check in a little early so we could explore the rainy seaside for abit before coming back to the hotel. A few of the fixtures and fittings are a little dated BUT everything is spotless and in good working order. This is the only reason I have it a 4 rather than full marks (would have given 4.5 if possible!) The size of the room was great, with lots of space, a full sofa, side tables etc. We asked to check out half an hour later than 11 as we had an appointment to go to and again the staff were super accommodating!
Thanks for a lovely break in a great size room with very friendly helpful staff!
My wife and I will definatey be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
General M, Manager at The Chichester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback -I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Chichester Hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

As a 3 star hotel the service was excellant more then I have had in a 5 star.
I wish to congratulate the management and staff for their proffesional manor
which made our stay memorial.
it was a good deql for the money.

Room Tip: book again
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback - I am it is pleasure to read such a postive review and I will share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here mid week on a business trip to Essex, found this place to very convenient for where I needed to be ! Hotel rooms are good , clean a nice place to sleep but this is the only good side !
I had my evening meal here in restaurant, a new menu I was told , it’s a bit like any chain pub menu not very imaginative, My starter maple ribs was fine , in fact tasty but my main , rump steak was awful , Dry over cooked, very bland not the juicy steak I was expecting.
My feelings about the food here were backed up the following morning .
A help your self , sit anywhere buffet, even the tea and coffee was in a flask , no toast , God knows how long some of the food had been kept warm as I didn’t eat until 9am .
If I stayed here again, I would eat out , it was reasonably priced and for me a good location but the food and service needs to improve!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
General M, Manager at The Chichester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to here that you did not enjoy your steak and breakfast. Our new menu has proved very popular and we think that it offers great value for money. We encourage feed back from our guests if ever a problem occurs in order to find an immediate solution. I will certainly speak with the breakfast team as you should have been offered fresh tea/coffee and toast. I do hope that you will stay with us again and certainly hope that you will give the new menu another try!

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Visited for the evening with friends for the Dinner and Dance to celebrate a birthday.
We asked in advance if we could have decorations etc (but were told no sprinkles, which is fair enough - but the other tables had them. We were given the fixed menu, which was reasonably limited, however it appeared that other tables had different (and better) choices.

The starters was tasty (but the calamari plate looked bare - there was no garnish and the dip was very strong, and could have done with having something to have along with it as the others did). However, the main course and deserts were great.
The waiting staff were prompt and efficient, and no queuing at the bar, however the DJ left a LOT to be desired.

It was a mixed age evening, but he just didn't read the crowd, when everyone was up, he changed the music and the floor was empty again - even changing a requested song half way through when the floor was full!??!

If it wasn't for the group we were with, and the other tables being up for a laugh it would have been a completely ruined (and very early) night!

The DJ massively let down an otherwise great evening.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheBOSReviews
General M, Manager at The Chichester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you feel the DJ let your evening down. We usually receive great feedback about our regular DJs, but unfortunately on this occasion we had to use a different DJ. I am glad that your party enjoyed your main courses and desserts and will feedback your thoughts on the calamari to chef. We host numerous Dinner Disco and Themed Events that are extremely popular so please accept our apologies and thank you for your valuable feedback as it is only when our guests advise us of where we fall short off the standards we aim to achieve that we can make improvements. It is certainly not our intention, or in the interests of the business, to make our guests unhappy.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Had a birthday party arranged here with overnight stays. Very welcoming and very obliging and polite staff.
Meal was very good and for the price of food and drink, entertainment and disco dancing - excellent.

Stayed: March 2017

Thank you for you kind feedback - the team are delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening!