Hotels.com
StayForLong
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
1,116 results
All reviews middle pool animation team evening entertainment one bedroom apartment family holiday lots of sun beds bus stop pool view quiet area los gigantes kids club lovely hotel main pool enjoyable stay pool areas are great holiday english channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2020

The hotel has a problem with animation for children, children is very much in hotel. Animators act as if they do not know why they are there. Food very good.
Rooms spacious, but bathtub dirty, windows and doors very leaky, cockroaches are also there.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
AllegroIsora, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Allegro Isora, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you reaching out on Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your recent stay at our Allegro Isora hotel and apologize if you experienced any inconsistency in our service, we have read your review with our utmost attention and will take note of your constructive remarks.

We also regret that our Kids Club and our Happy Minds Programme couldn´t meet your expectations, because our concept of children entertainment aimed at expanding and stimulating creative, interpersonal and environmental sensibility through a well studied program of activities for each group of kids depending on the age range. We are very sorry to read that your kids didn't take full advantage of the wide array of activities organized by our mini club staff and sincerely hope they will join the activities on a future occasion.

On the other hand, we sincerely regret reading that you found cockroaches in your room. We have in place a regular pest-control plan and of course work hard on a daily basis to avoid their presence within our grounds, however at certain times of the year, depending on the climatology of Tenerife, the presence of insects is unfortunately unavoidable. Furthermore, cockroaches need food, water, warmth and shelter for survival and this is why we have a very strict policy forbidding the taking of food from our restaurant and we also encourage our guests not to leave any food or crumbs in their rooms in order to avoid their settlement in our accommodations and we ask that you please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused to you.

Last but not least, it fills us with pride that you could enjoy the gastronomical efforts of our chefs as we strive to satisfy the many culinary wishes of our guests offering the most delicious international and local dishes.

Although there is always room for improvement, we should be on the right path to earn a better rating from you in the future. We look forward to having you stay with us again and please, do not hesitate to contact me in the future for anything you may need. I would like more than happy to make my best effort for you enjoy your holidays with us.

Reviewed 3 March 2020

We stayed 3 nights on half board. I am going to start with the good things about the hotel. First the breakfast was good to very good. The location was great, walking distance to the beach. The actual pool area was good and so was the animation team.
Now the staff... They were incredibly rude. We were supposed to check in on Friday, check in time is at 14:00. We arrived to the hotel at around 12:00 spent around 15 minutes queuing and we checked in and were told that the room would not be ready yet so come back later. Made sense, check in time was only later. So we went for lunch on one of the local restaurants. At 14:20 we are given our room keys. We go to our room only to find that it was not cleaned yet from the previous stay. We go back to reception(remember every time we go to reception its at least 15 min queueing), they say, in 20 min the room will be ready. And we are like great we went to the pool bar still with no access to changing facilities to get on to our bathing suits. Back to reception(15 min queue again) still no joy 20 more minutes. Back to reception once more(15 min queue) after 20 min making time. Now we got the room(2 hours later than the check in time). We complained and were offered drinks during diner(I am going to come back to this).
The room was dated, there was a leakage on the tub that was leaking water to the floor, we grabed one of the towels and grabbed the water. When the room was cleaned the next day, that dirty towel that was full of water was put back on the rack for us to use.
On the last day we asked for soap, because they did not refill the soap ever, and we ran out, and was said to us that we would have some in a few minutes. I am back home now and I am still waiting for it.
On the check out time, they tried to charge the drinks that they offered in the first place to compensate us for the late check in.
I am reading reviews here from this hotel and it seems that there is a lot of people with the same opinion. Fact: it's not going to change unless something fundamentally change. The staff and management seems to think that we are just there so they can make money. But there is a lot more places that I can go, and I would not in a million years return to this place.

Room tip: Avoid rooms in the B block if you want to sleep. The entertainment is just outside your door
1  Thank João F
AllegroIsora, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Allegro Isora, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear João,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Allegro Isora and for sharing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our main goal and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations on this opportunity. Please know, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future.

It is also with great concern that we have read your comments on our reception team as it is renowned in the hospitality industry that the first 10 minutes at the reception and the last 10 upon check out contribute greatly to the reputation of a hotel; please be assured that your comments have been shared with the concerned managers so they can make the appropriate adjustments in the areas you mentioned.

Please, accept our sincerest apologies if our staff disappointed you in any way. Our aim is to treat guests kindly so they feel at home. Please, do not hesitate to contact me in the future for anything you may need. I would like more than happy to make my best effort for you enjoy your holidays with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

To cut a long story short this hotel needs a major refit , air conditioning units look dangerous toilet leaked the whole time , bar area looks like a swimming pool changing room, isn’t welcoming at all , only ever one person on reception . We were told one of the three swimming pools was heated but all 3 were freezing cold . Unfortunately wouldn’t stay again

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Our guests' comments provide us with an opportunity to see our hotel through their eyes giving us insight into any service that may have room for improvement to enhance our future guests' stay among us, therefore we are grateful for the time you spent to share a review of your personal experience in the hotel.

Please, accept our sincerest apologies for the imperfections you describe in your review, all rooms reserved for new arrivals are per standard double checked by our head of housekeeping to ensure that everything is functional and spotless for our guests, clearly we were not performing to our usual standard on this occasion.

As for our swimming pools, as you have been told one of them is heated, if during your stay it was not at the right temperature, we apologise, and have discussed your comment with the pool attendants for their check immediately.

Although there is always room for improvement, we should be on the right path to earn a better rating from you in the future. We look forward to having you stay with us again and to being informed of any concerns or imperfections that affect your stay so we may do everything in our power to address them. Please, do not hesitate to contact me in the future for anything you may need. I would like more than happy to make my best effort for you enjoy your holidays with us.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

Sadly, I have to give this hotel a bad review.
This is not a reflection on the kitchen staff who are lovely and welcoming.
However, after the hard sell we decided to take professional photos with one of the photographers (blonde Lady) on the penultimate day. My husband and I were assured when we paid €25 that the photos would be ready before 11:10 when the coach took us back to the airport. To cut a long story short when we checked out the photos weren’t there. The male receptionist was no help and didn’t even know what the name of the photographer. The manager was called and she took my husbands email address and telephone number and we haven’t heard from her. So the hotel and their staff took our money and we haven’t received our photos. TERRIBLE.
-Also the maid left our door open after she cleaned our room.
-After the sand storm on Saturday the maids didn’t clean our room or change our towels Monday afternoon. We had sand that escaped through the gaps in our door making the hotel room filthy and my son (crawling) had red sand over his clothes and hands.

I hope the hotel staff get back to me and give me back our €25 or send the 3 photos we purchased.
I wouldn’t come back.
SG

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Senny27

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to see that your experience at our hotel was far from satisfying as it seems you encountered a number of issues. I can ensure you this is far from usual.

At Allegro Isora we lay high value on our personnel being guest oriented and welcoming at all times, being fully aware that their interactions with our guests have an enourmous impact on the overall holiday experience in our hotels, therefore we are sincerely sorry to read your comments on the service your received and commit to adjust any situation that leads us away from our goal being to make sure our guests feel welcome and attended to at all times.

We hope this does not deter you from staying with us again and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future for a more positive experience, as it should be. Please, do not hesitate to contact me in the future for anything you may need. I would like more than happy to make my best effort for you enjoy your holidays with us.

Reviewed 29 February 2020

Myself and wife have returned from 8 nights stay at the Allegro Isora. First impressions good. Whilst it is easy to criticise I will only be supplying constructive criticism.

Upon our arrival the check in was very slow more desks need opening when there is an influx of people. Now to the room, we paid for a pool view and were greeted with a view over the children's playground obviously the booking wasn't read through . However we complained and got the correct room 24hrs later. Moving on, the grounds were lovely, nice pools need to be heated though, gardens pleasant and very clean. The resturant had a good selection of food for everyones taste a criticism of the resturant were that the tables were not not cleaned away very quickly. From an observation I would think a leader is required in this area to bring some organisation as there were tables half laid no cups or cutlery. Entertainment needs to be stepped up if the hotel is to progress forward also replenishing of food needs to be improved. The hotel is in a beautiful location very quiet and picturesque.

The evening time was lovely and quiet which enabled a good night's sleep for 8 nights on extremely comfortable beds.

Overall the hotel has enormous potential if the new owners get it right and it should be a hit with customers.

Thanks, Mark & Hilary