“Cool place, amazing food”

Street View Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Don Det
Cuisines: Barbecue, Australian, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Description: Western Service, Big Portions 200 Grm Beef Patty Burger Bbq You Can Count On Western Food Done Western Style
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We went there two nights in a row, first night we got a burger and a vegetarian pumpkin burger, both great! The second night we got again the vegetarian burger because it was so good, and I could enjoy the pork chops bbq... so good as well! With fries and salad. The portions are very generous with side dishes included, the beer it's very cold, the home made rice wine lao-Lao it's great. The music is good, the bar-restaurant is amazing and the owner seems to be a very nice person! Beside the regular tables with chairs there is a chilling area which after few drinks is really the cherry on the cake!

1  Thank davide g

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We went to this restaurant multiple times as it was really nice food and the owner is a cool mate from Australia. They have a great barbecue, pasta was good and also the fruit shakes. Cocktails are really strong, so beware ;)

Only thing I personally didn't like: Watermelon juice had all the seeds left in it, so it was a crunchy drink.

1  Thank Natalie P
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Ok. So I've been on the road for 3 months. And no where on my trip have I come across a burger like this - like home. Fresh ground local beef patties made to order, BIG portions (none of this SE Asia burger nonsense). I even substituted my fries for a side salad and got a generous portion of vegetables.

Good music, fantastic service, welcoming family running the place (the owner is Australian and chatted with us for a bit which was awesome).

Great vibes all around. Thanks so much! A must try!

2  Thank Sara P
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Wow. Fresh locally sourced beef for the patties is prepared when you order. Have travelled all over South East Asia and this was by far the best burger I've found. "Expensive" if you compare it to 10,000K crap food, but you get what you pay for. It's still much less than you'd pay back home for a proper burger. Give this place a try! Darren, the owner is very welcoming.

1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

The food here is absolutely beautiful and western sizes. As Aussies we loved this place. Darren who owns street View is an Aussie expat and a top bloke. He has a BBQ on the deck overlooking the Mekong and it's a beautiful place.
The food all comes out together, which when we had a table of 9, was unbelievable! Especially for SE Asia.
The burgers are incredible! And I'm from Australia so I know good burgers!
His BBQ is also amazing. Tender chicken, marinated and BBQed to perfection. The pork chops are also tender and smokey. Magical.
The Asian dishes are also top rate - best laap in Laos.
Cold beer, stubby holders and good coffee. We ate here 3 times because we loved it so much. We'd come back just to eat here.

1  Thank Amber L