All reviews lake breakfast beds issue cold pay window
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I stayed in the residence for two nights. In general, I am really satisfied of my stay: rooms were clean, breakfast was good, the staff at the desk is polite. The location is convenient if you want to visit Lago Maggiore and Lago d'Orta.

However, I give a bad review because I was really disappointed by the service during breakfast. One waiter was particularly annoying. He was complaining and cursing at low voice all the time and really spoiled my breakfast. Three German-speaking ladies ordered three cappuccinos and the waiter answered 'Eh la Madonna!' -whose meaning is like 'Jesus!' in Italian- probably believing that they could not understand. How did the guy get the job? There is such a high unemployment rate in Italy, so can't the hotel hire a younger and more motivated employee?

Room Tip: view on the lake
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giulio B
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Good place for quiet stay. Located next to the lake, that you can enjoy running around, althought you need to have car to move more around.

Internet connection is very good, well improved vs stay here couple of months ago.

In winter time, jumping to the room play with heating settings - after a while you will be more than happy.

Enjoy
Tomasz

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2016

We (couple) stayed for four nights in a studio apartment. The reception staff was very friendly, the apartment basic but clean and had what we needed. You can rent a bicycle at the hotel for traveling around the lakes. All in all a very enjoyable experience, at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a partial view of Lago di Comabbio
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelMontelago, Direttore at Montelago Hotel - Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2016

Dear guest

thank you for you positive review and I'm glad you enjoyed the rental of our bikes.
I hope to see you soon here at the Hotel Montelago.
Best regards

Reviewed 11 November 2015

This is my third time here, and I must confess the place is really beautiful. The rooms are large, with a view of the lake. The free wifi is weak, but it works. The staff is nice and we had a good time at the hotel. The biggest plus is the kitchen with all the crockery and utensils at your disposal. Plus the lago di maggiore is close by and this is not very far from the Milan airport (Malpensa)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2015

Had a long weekend, the weather was very warm for the time of year, unfortunately the hotel had turned of the air conditioning for winter, so our room was 28C when we arrived and had to keep the window open and we were on the ground floor.

So I would have given 5 star if it was not for the air conditioning issue. The reception staff were very helpful and assisted with finding good places to eat and places to go. The lake is on the door step, great for a 12km walk around the lake.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple