eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Had to say that I was quite dissapointed, not to stay again at the Ambronay abbey. And when I checked my reservation at this...2 stars hotel...I was quite anxious. But I was totally wrong. The hotel is more than decent, it is clean and the room wasn't microscopic. The last evening I had a thought about the restaurant. Usually I am avoiding the hotel's restaurant, unless...there is no other choice. But somebody told me their chef makes some great snail food. And...it was AWESOME! It was deffinitely my best snails experience. The service was good as well. I just don't believe that in the depth of France, in a 2 stars hotel, you can enjoy such an experience. Thumbs up!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
AMBOTEL, Gérant at Hotel-Restaurant Ambotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Hello sir,
Thank you very much for this very nice comment! We really love our job and always try to do our best to please every Customer. We hope to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Very good hotel for only two stars. Good restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. WiFi included in the room price and working well and quickly in the room. Bathroom has no light switch but a sensor so need to move your hand every minute when taking a bath to have the light switch back on. Parking fenced off but gate doesn't close at night. Would come back here.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2015

Hotel was booked for us by the company we were visiting as it was close to their factory. The rooms are very basic and very dated. They are clean and the one I had (second floor overlooking the car park) was extremely quiet. It certainly isnt a luxury hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and made some allowances for the fact we spoke poor French, but didn't speak English to us which we preferred as it forced us to use our French language 'skills.' The food is excellent although breakfast is basic. Our business host brought us for lunch both days and it is extremely popular with the local population. Food is of excellent quality, served by friendly, helpful staff and is well priced. Menu du jour is a particularly good valued choice. The location is a good way out of the town on an industrial estate so not ideal if you have no transport. An ok hotel but with an excellent restaurant and superb staff

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are quieter
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Great location, Friendly and helpful staff, very clean establishment. Haven't tried the restaurant but the menus looked very tasty.
I would comeback to this hotel without hesitate one second! Lots of activities near by making the hotel an ideal place for a base.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Fabienamberieu
Reviewed 10 October 2014

This hotel is located near quite busy road. To be honest I found this hotel neither quite nor interesting. The room size was ok for 2 stars, but would require refurbishment of both room and bathroom.
The choice of breakfast menu was limited.
But there is also positive - it's quite near the highway and if you fancy a jogging run, the town of Amberieu is quite nice to run around.

Date of stay: September 2014